Here are my July pictures. I didn't take many so I'm lumping 'em all together.
First... 4th of July at NM -
Working in the garden waiting for the Parkinson's to get there.
Emily wanted me to take this picture of bums in the air.
As you can see, it had rained that day for which we were grateful as will be explained in the next picture.
Tom took this picture of the mountains behind my parents house on fire a couple nights later.
Originally I thought the pictures I had seen like this on the web were staged, but then Aaron took us outside at night.
This is my picture of the smoke billowing during the day.
That picture was taken after Dad had picked me up on my bicycle. Apparently although they opened SR4 around to Bandelier National Monument, I couldn't get into Los Alamos just past the turn off to the Pajarito ski mountain because Lab land was still closed. I was supposed to meet everybody in LA but since Dad hadn't brought his badge to LA (they wouldn't have let me in without my own badge anyway) Dad had to drive all the way back down to White Rock and around to pick me up... and then back around the same way. Plus.. I was out of water by that time. I tried to make it back to Bandelier before he did but didn't quite do it.
And that's all the pictures I have until Saturday when it was concrete weekend. Here Dad and Tom are finishing off the second section.
I didn't plan on writing so much about the 4th of July so I'll try to refrain from the next pictures.
I loved being home and miss my family. So I headed back up for the 24th of July to be with Emily. I spent the week before sewing up a storm so we both could have pioneer outfits.
Emily might have thought I was a little strange.
I sent her a picture of the bloomers I made for her. She was embarrassed.
Here she is showing off her outfit (I didn't make the blouse) and holding the skirt I made her too.
I was in the sewing mood (plus I was feeling guilty for spending all of Friday and Saturday finishing the handwork on her pioneer skirt) so I made it for her. I set my first zipper ever. It zipped up... and then it zipped down. I was pretty proud.
Then, since we didn't have any fireworks on the 4th of July... we did fireworks on the 24th of July.
Cathy is wearing Emily's bonnet (I know these pictures are bad but I don't care... I'm posting them anyways).
Emily took me to the Spanish Fork Fair Monday where we saw lots of quilts.
There.. that's July. August I'm working on being more productive and will post more often.
At least that's the plan :-).
11 comments:
So fun! I can't believe you made and wore pioneer outfits I love it. And guess what I get to see you in 2 weeks!! did you know that? I'm coming to Vegas!!!
Mmm-laying in bed, reading and watching movies? Sounds amazing.
I'm way impressed with your sewing skills.
I love the bloomers. Emily's whole pioneer outfit looks great. Way to go on the zipper. It sounds like something I would never ever want to do.
Those are some fun pictures. Except who are those two old people in some of them? It was so fun to have you here.
We really should have taken pictures of our two days of "Artificial fireworks" that we did here to keep up traditions.
Loved your sewing projects. They are even more impressive in person.
I'm glad that you made a post of the pictures. I wish that I could have been there, so in I way I could "join in".
Thanks again for last night. It really was way too fun. I hope you did not have too hard of a time getting up today.
Love all your pictures. It really is fun to be in Utah for the 24th because it is not the same anywhere else.
Way to go on all the sewing. Go you.
yay you posted. thanks for coming and visiting. you didn't get pictures of the pie and beer but thats ok :)
Crazy picture of the fire!
Great job on your sewing projects.
Yay! Your back! I knew you would love that video on my blog. I totally thought of you when I saw it the first time. I love it when the guy tries to go into the fire, or the one that runs toward the garage wall! My family has watched it over and over!
...my favorite is the bums
I think the bloomers are great. The detailed pin pleating is darling and I wish I had a pair! Deep down I've always thought it would be fun wear a pair of old fashion drawers.
Post a Comment