Unfortunately, chalk art and rain don't mix.
Even the ones under canopys had to wipe everything down.The two days it rains in Vegas of course have to happen during the chalk art festival. I was sad not to see the chalk art so I looked at some of the other booths.
Do you remember Mom's Halloween wicked witch she made with stuffed nylons? Was just as scary as these flat babies. At least these don't have warts.
What I was really looking for was pottery. Being from New Mexico, I like looking at beautiful pottery at a fair. Art and function. That yellow pitcher in the middle. So pretty. Unfortunately there were only 2 potters in the whole place and the other one was just huge vases. Ugh. Gimmie some mugs any day.
I wandered around looking at ugly jewelry and even uglier paintings hoping the weather would clear.
Then the wind kicked up again so even though it dried out, the sidewalks remained covered. Nice concrete though. You could kinda see the pictures underneath the plastic, but most of the other artists hadn't been able to finish before the rain came.
I took a picture of this artist with chalk all down his legs and his dirty hands.
Then I went home.
And that was my adventure for the weekend.
I had this ready to post three weeks ago but... well, my excuse is that I've been ill. So I thought I better post this before the triathlon this weekend. I'm sure u'll ALL want to hear about that :-)
10 comments:
Oh, I like that yelow pitcher. Funny how it rained on the very day when rain wasn't wanted. Hey, good luck at your race!
nice YELLOW picture... did you buy it?
you are my hero!
So sorry to hear that you have been ill. Good luck at the race. Hope to see you tomorrow.
ha ha ha! That's hilarious that it rained on the chalk art festival! I'm sure it wasn't hilarious at the time... but ironic? Yes.
I haven't heard of a chalk art festival before. That is so cool! Darn rain!!
good job on posting. Guess I should be inspired and put something up too... I'd forgotten about mom's witch till you put those pictures. I wonder where that got to? Looked like there were some mugs. Did you get one? One way to encourage the type of vendors you like is to purchase...
I remember the Witch! Does she still have it? I heard about your race from Emily (it was fun to see her at Courtney's bridal shower). I was secretly hoping you had posted about it when I checked your blog just now - but I realize that would be some pretty quick updating and you were probably enjoying your recovery day. So just know that I'm anticipating and excited for the upcoming post!
Hope you get to feeling better so you can get to blogging!
I remember stumbling upon this one time in Vegas. It was fun. Cruel trick of Mother Nature to have it rain.
Thanks for keeping the Blog updated. Better then me. Good luck with your Halloween Theme costume this year.
Don't know what happened to the witch. You kids never liked her much. I thought she was kind of cute.
This sounds like an affair you might want to watch for next year.
Post a Comment