start with a mushed parallelogram...
End with a rectangle.
And that's what blocking is for.
PS. I used the card table lying next to it to help with the squaring.
PPS. This doesn't normally happen to me. I think there was something wrong with the pattern. Definitely a pattern problem (Hey now, it was a free pattern off the Internet... very dodgy those free ones).
PPPS. I was cleaning out some of my yarn drawers this weekend and this is some of what I threw away...
reasons for tossing: 1) just practicing so either not even stitches or serves no purpose 2) ran out of yarn and the dumb manufacture had changed the color/texture (reminder to self, don't start big projects with old yarn) 3) just plain ugly 4) can only find one shoe and can't match thread/yarn or hook size 5) really ugly 6) already undid the rest of the Afghan to make blanket above and this is what's left over 7) tired of making (cuz they're ugly) 8) Tried to reuse but the project thread had faded compared to the thread still in the skein 9) no idea what it was supposed/going to be in the first place.

4 comments:
Wow blocking is awesome! Some of those projects you probably could have given to someone who would have appreciated it.
Wow I can't believe you threw all that away. There are freezing children in china aren't there? What about giving it to DI? Did you ever think of that? Oh well nice to get things cleaned out. I love it when that happens.
How sad to have all that time thrown away. You are braver than me. I like blocking too. Makes things look better. Of course it's more work for my crooked stuff.
i feel your pain. my new rule is if i haven't worn (or used) something in a year -- it's time to let it go.
Post a Comment