Are people getting blinder or is it cuz we can go faster? Don't know if you were aware but lettering size requirements have gotten larger on highway/freeway signs. Just a little engineering knowledge for your day.
And on that note, engineers look like they just got out of the shower and went to work because they just got out of the shower and went to work. Yes, I'm working on changing that but getting up earlier just to do your hair and make-up? Not high on my list of priorities.
Why do I feel sorry for the songs with low "plays" numbers on my itunes? They certainly don't care.
Why is free yarn always ugly? This is from my Jehovah Witness Saturday morning visitor as a sorta payment for some baby booties (I'm guessing... it was on my doorknob a couple Saturday mornings later when I came home along with a JW pamphlet).
OK.. not ugly exactly, just not useful.
Why are pink and blue baby things so much more fun to make then gender neutral? Gender neutral is blah. These parents that want to be surprised. Sigh. Don't they think about us poor crafters that need a color?
Why do family and friends suggestions for projects never sound as exciting as the ones you see urself?
I've been needing a project I can get excited about after the family reunion grab bags so I've been thinking about Halloween coming up (2 months.. its not weird to think of Halloween 2 months in advance, right? Say no). I've trolled my family and friends for ideas, especially reusing old costumes (reusing = finally finishing), but none of their ideas sound way fun. I have lately gotten into knitting again (hats) now that my crocheted baby stash is full (except gender neutral) but I'm fairly certain that won't last long and really... no fun application to Halloween.
And on a final note...
I need some way to eat popcorn without getting butter all over the yarn while knitting. Any ideas?

6 comments:
As for the popcorn, all you need is to delicately slip the needles from your hands, pick up some chopsticks and dig in!
I've been thinking that it would be really fun to be an old black and white movie star for Halloween. They have those iconic dresses they go out to dinner in. All you'd need is a string quartet in the background.
popcorn? who needs fingers ...?
project ideas? mine is actually finishing a few! i'm currently into jean quilts if that helps...
loves!
Popcorn- use a chicken feeder, and no need for fingers!
Totally think you should buy some trophies and give yourself first place at the trunk or treat!
I am going to buy you a trophy. I always wanted a hoop skirt costume like Scarlett O'Hara. You know the white with the green sash. I don't think it is at all practical, so I will always just be a dream. Maybe you will be inspired by something at Wicked. Who knows.
And no it is not the least bit crazy to think about Halloween in August. I like it.
Thanks for commenting so much over at my place. I really appreciate it since I have no more reader anymore. Although blogger says that I had 200 page views, I am sure it is lying to me. So thank a lot. GIRL WICKED IN JUST FIVE WEEKS. It is going to be Wicked Awesome. Just sayin.
Have someone feed you the popcorn as you knit...preferably someone like a Mr. Darcy or Mr. Thornton... :)
Actually, when I went to Courtney's baby shower, I was really impressed with all the vibrant colors I saw. It was kinda fun to see something different than blue and pink. I saw a red and black splashy paisley blanket and lots of bright greens and turquoise.
All you have to do with the popcorn is have a shallow bowl close to your head and stick your tongue in. It sticks very nicely and seldom falls.
I'm having flashbacks of you sitting with a book propped in your lap, crocheting with a bag of gold fish on the side!
I'm excited about Halloween costumes this year (and its definitely not too early). I'm making my kids' costumes but, wow, it is so much more expensive than buying them!! Sorry, I'm not very original with costume ideas! We're doing cowgirls and batman over here!
Maybe you should be Mother goose or Miss Muffet or something nursery rhymish (coming from a mom of little kids, of course)
Post a Comment