Monday, January 28, 2013

Emily's Birthday-2012

In light of Grandma's funeral and Emily's wonderfulness she had a birthday that kinda kept on giving.  She deserved it.  She suffered early mornings, cascading airport delays, and low blood sugar parents for 3 days all to be with the parents/family for Grandma's interment in Idaho.  She deserves much love and adoration.

So we tried to supply it.

The annual Rancho de Chimayo trek... a day before her birthday because the Parkinsons and parents/Emily were leaving the next day.
I rode my bike down the hill to try out my new shoe covers (they kept my feet nice and toasty!) but for some reason I reduced the time I gave myself from last year.  Don't know what I was thinking since I didn't make it last year.  This means I got picked up before the fun parts of riding up and down and through the villages/pueblos.  Next year.
The fun table.
The serious table.
This is Heaven... see the Hot chocolate AND prickly pear lemonade?

I played the funeral card and so got to stay in NM longer than orginally planned.  So I was there after the New Years festivities when Emily got her trifle bar.
She loves trifle.
See that smile?

The candles are going...

going...

gone.  Andrews face...

We shore dew love you Emily!  At least I know I do.

(BTW, In these pictures Emily is looking through the plans Dad submitted to the county for his building permit and critiquing my foundation drawings. See, I know she loves me too!)

PS. Any excuse for rootbeer...

4 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Yes, we sure do love Emily! I wondered how all of you celebrated her b-day with all the craziness going on.

txparkinsons said...

...i'm glad emily has birthdays!

Emily Nice said...

Thank you for all the flattering pictures... I do like the picture of dad.

helmhq said...

We weren't that bad to travel with!?--
But we were tired. Only Dad showed it;) I'm glad we got to do the traditional celebrating even if it wasn't on the day. And yes we do all Love Emily!