Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring General Conference 2013

I have a post started with pictures and even some words about senior weekend in March with my cute neices, but i thought I would post about conference first.  Really failing in the whole post a week goal... or even post a month!  Ah well, the novelty of blogging has worn off.  But, I do want to share pictures of my cute relations so here goes.

I got to go up to Utah to go through the temple with Megan before she left on her mission.  It is always fun to be with the family in such a special place.  Unfortunately... I'm a little more reverent without my family than with.  They are bad examples.  But I think Megan had a good experience even though we couldn't sit with her (that SLC temple, packed session the day before General Conference... although it's probably always packed Friday afternoon). Although now that I think about it, probably good we didn't sit with her :).

Then we took pictures... some serious, most not.

Jenny (Mom), Megan, Tom (Dad)


Megan, Dad (Granddad), Mom (Grandma)
I love my cute parents.  Poor Granddad. Jenny accused him of being a grump.

Then we had ice cream.

 You might notice I'm trying to do more self shots... still working on getting the face right... :)

The next day we watched General conference while Megan's parents frantically attempted to get her packed and ready for a mission all in one day...
 Emily planted seeds during the morning session.
This picture was to show off how well Emily did the snack thing... to make others in our family jealous...

On Sunday we gathered to go to the conference center! Jenny had gotten tickets.
 My Mom is such a good sport.
 This was me trying to get something other than bum shots :)
Emily is also a good sport.
Notice the jacket Megan is wearing... she wanted to take it with her on her mission but Jenny suggested she to wear it and ask Emily and I's opinion as we are seasoned veterans.  We nixed it.  Poor Megan.
 Hmm... for some reason I didn't get any pictures of Jenny and Tom.  But they were there with us, just on the other side.
Funny story... I didn't realize the flash was on so when I first held my phone up it started to flash and I had to quickly hide it on my skirt.  Oops!  Yup, that was me...

I just remembered another funny story. I brought my knitting in with me cuz I figured if they let it on the airplane they would let it in the conference center... The lady looking through my bag held it up for a supervisor to come and see if it was OK.  Tighter security!

That afternoon we watched conference in the parents trailer..
 This is to show how the candy always ended up at Jenny's feet.
(Last conference Emily had everyone sending pictures to each other of their setup for each session and I wanted to continue the tradition but totally failed.  Jared sent a picture of a beautiful waterfall Saturday, Bethanie sent one of her kids fighting and Angela of her roommates sleeping on Sunday... Hmm, I guess I didn't fail as much as I thought.  Just didn't do as well as Emily.  Guess she really has moved ahead of me in sibling affections... I didn't want to believe Mom when she told me but as they say, the proof is in the pudding)

All in all, it was a whirlwind trip with lots going on but we made some really fun memories.  I love my family!  And getting to share conference together was so much fun... especially since Emily fed us so well.

There. This post is done.  More words than I thought I had in me... ah well, typical.

PS. Emily sent me (and others) this picture last Wednesday (April 10th) with the caption "there she goes!".
Doesn't she look so cute in her missionary outfit?  Megan is going to be an awesome missionary.  She is way more prepared than I was.  Each generation just gets better...

6 comments:

Gage said...

Excellent! Always good to have pictures.

Montana at the Helm said...

Well, you made me sad that we missed out on this special occasion! I hope you are happy!!! But really, thanks for taking all the pictures and making me smile. You are the bestest melanie SIL!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I am totally jealous. It all looks so wonderful and delicious. I need to up my game when it come to conference snacks. All I managed was crepes with strawberries and nutella, but I would like a whole spread like Emily put out. :)

Heidi said...

Awesome Conference! Loved seeing the pictures of your family. I miss you guys.

Emily Nice said...

fun post! I miss you and can't wait till we play again.

helmhq said...

I wrote a long comment soon after you posted and thought it had gone through--apparently not. How does it manage to eat mine occasionally? Oh well I loved reading what you wrote about our good times. Thanks for chronicling with pictures and text. We love you!