Friday, July 26, 2013

Angela's Recital

Angela invited me to her senior recital last week and since allegiant kindly flies from Vegas to Idaho, I was able to attend... I took a bunch of pictures but will spare you many of them.

Just want to mention that it is way fun to go to the airport and be in IF in just a couple hrs. Allegiant certainly nickle and dimes you, and its customer service leaves something to be desired, but I do appreciate the direct flight options from Vegas!

Anyway, back to the recital, here she is practicing before.
Emily noticed something hanging from the back of Angela's chair.
Angela is very special handling...

She decided it probably should be taken of for the recital so Emily complied.

As you can see many family members came as well...
Do you see Aunt Helen?  Emily took a picture of Father sitting at the back of the recital hall.  Perhaps she will post about it :)

As it is, Angela did a great job and looked great up on the big stage.
I took a few video's cuz I was trying to make one small enough to text to the bro's and sis's... never worked :(

I will not post all the videos, but I will do one allegro...
And one from her last memorized piece that is a little slower (shakey cuz I tried to zoom closer)...

Of course it all sounded very nice.

But here is my favorite video...

Emily and I very much enjoyed it... so much so that Angela couldn't look at us when she bowed after her pieces.

Afterwards, there was a small reception.  Apparently feeding people is not just a mormon thing (i looked it up... its a senior recital thing. And yes, I believe everything I read on the internet)...

Did u notice Jesus blessing out food? Don't know why they put the handicapped girl upstairs and the other recital an hr later downstairs... first come first served I say.
Still, alot of people came... so most of the mounds of food Mother had bought/made (and I did not stop her) was actually eaten.  Those college kids, always up for free food.
Although we did eat leftovers the rest of the weekend...

Which will be another post.

6 comments:

Emily Nice said...

Tee hee! It was an enjoyable weekend for me. Maybe not so much for Angela... glad you were there, even if your airmatress got a leek. I should post my pictures, but I wish there was a way to just add mine to yours.

Montana at the Helm said...

Thanks for posting! I was so bummed that we couldn't go and support her. You and emily are silly, but that's why you are fun to be with!!

Chelsea said...

Wow! I haven't heard Angela play since she was in like middle school. And she's fantastic! :)

Pat said...

Yay for fun and food and family. It doesn't get better than that.

txparkinsons said...

i love my goofy sisters!!!

helmhq said...

It was great to have you there to help and to support. I thought we had a good time too!. I think we left behind some healthy satisfied seagulls.