I wanted to share my latest sewing project before things get all crazy with Pumpkinman and halloween.
I've been way into quiet books or "things to entice children to my pew (evil laughter)" during church. It's so fun because then I don't have to listen... I mean...
Anyways, I found this really cute and very easy quiet book pattern. Much easier than the full blown pages I normally look at.
So I decided to make Emily and I one... and of course all my sisters for sisters weekend.
These were the first three I made... I didn't take pictures of the rest.
As you can see I didn't follow the tutorial exactly cuz I used fabric for everything with flannel for the eggs and inside of the pocket. The only felt is the cutout pieces.
I have to admit that the most fun was doing the applique of the eggs on the background. Weird I know, but I had never done applique before. I got pretty good at it by the end if I do say so myself.
I sent a picture to Emily of what I was gonna send her cuz of course I can't keep a secret worth beans... I wanted her to tell me how wonderful I was twice :)
At sisters weekend I made them cut out their own felt pieces. Emily had come up with lots more idea as to shapes to include. I wish I could save the Skype video messages she sent me of the cute animals and faces she had made.
Jenny and Tom sent me these during general conference.
Sarah,
Jacob.
I love it.
I thought I had more pictures of faces people made and sent to me but I suppose that was all in my head. Sisters, feel free to send me pictures! It makes me happy to see things I made being used. I told Jenny I want to have lots of legacy...






2 comments:
Yay that is so wonderful. I love it. And very smart of you as well. Way to go!!!!
i love our quiet time book. keeps the boys entertained.
Post a Comment