Saturday, September 12, 2009

Frustrated

So.. I was going to blog with pictures but dial-up just can't cut it. I'm a little frustrated with this weekend already. We'll just blame it on low blood sugar. (I MISS MY FRIDAY AFTERNOONS!)

I don't blog at work anymore and I want better Internet at home cuz:

first - I don't want to stay at work any longer than necessary (with our tight schedule I'll probably be there more than I'm at home).
second - I don't know if Angus was just being a pain or if they really are monitoring our web access there, but I certainly don't want any more people at work reading my blog! I want to be able to complain without consequences. I've already discovered you have to be careful what you put out on the Internet. You never know who is reading ur blog!. (Sorry Bishop, I do like u! I just like to complain and do it dramatically on my blog... makes for some funny reading in my humble opinion :-)
third - I can watch shows upstairs on the computer and keep any crafting mess up here instead of lugging everything down.. then back up again when people are coming over.
fourth - I can stop my phone service cuz I don't use it except for dial-up.
fifth - I like to have at least five things in a list.

So.. they are coming on Monday. Unfortunately, it takes 30 bucks to buy a modem, 30 bucks for them to "activate" the cable at my house, and another 10 for them to set up my computer. This is all in addition to the monthly service fee. I wasn't going to pay them to set up the computer, but since they had to come out anyways and Aaron won't come visit me....

You'll just have to wait with baited breath for the wonderful comments I will leave on blogs and the awesome pictures here.

Till then then.

10 comments:

helmhq said...

So happy you are joining the speedup everything computer world! Now you can do more faster, the question--- is all that faster really better ? We just like your blogs no mater what. I guess I do hear from you a lot more than I would if we had to depend on snail mail.

Chelsea said...

I just noticed your profile picture. You look so reverent!!

Sarah Jarvis said...

I can't wait! I don't think you will regret getting it. Although sometimes I am tempted to cancel it and see what I can do with all the time I spend on the internet. But then again, that would be boring. Good luck!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Go you. This will be so happy. I know it is a pain to pay all those costs, but it will be so worth it. Trust me.

Heidi said...

AHH! I can't wait.

Oh...You should read Sanderson's Alcatraz series...

Helm 9 of 10 said...

woot!! fast internet makes my nerdy side so happy! maybe you can play games with me! HAHA

txparkinsons said...

i have 'fishy' breath!

Eliza said...

Wahoo! You won't regret it. You'll be so speedy!

Emily Nice said...

Did they install it yet? I was wondering why you didn't leave a comment on my last blog. it hurt.

Montana at the Helm said...

Yey! Your are finally moving up in the world or I guess I should say in your home!