Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hunter Show

So, I've been averaging between 50-60 hours at work... although this week will probably be more than that since I've already logged 16.

But really I don't want to talk about that. You don't want to hear the frustrated/mad/bitter Melanie (although most of you have already gotten an earful. Sorry!) . I just wanted to explain why I haven't been blogging even though I have some good posts in my head... not even counting Christmas. But when I get home from work I just sit on my couch. I don't even want to crochet (GASP! Melanie not wanting to crochet? The world doesn't make sense anymore). Then I go to bed early cuz I'm exhausted.

However, since my brother Nathan came to visit me this last week to smooze with advertisers at a big Hunting Show here in Vegas, I thought I would post about that.

It was so fun to see him and hang out. I miss my family so its nice when they come visit me! I'm sad we couldn't plan fun things to do since it was the middle of the week and stupid work got in the way (it also rained the whole time they were here and cleared up as soon as they left... Hello! It's Vegas!). But we did get to go out to dinner and I sampled "land maggot" (sheep) for the first time (that I remember). Needless to say Nathan and his coworker Sean did not try it. I just thought it tasted like meat :-). I also discovered meat gut and why we are supposed to eat meat during the winter... it makes u wake up in the middle of the night and throw off the covers cuz ur burning up.

Course, maybe that's just how I respond.

We watched the music video's I made of Jenny's kids and the one of Nathan's kids (poor Sean had to sit though them. Can you imagine watching other peoples home videos?) and showed each other funny u-tube videos, a favorite family past time.

The last night Nathan got out his gun and I suddenly remembered my camera.

There he is.
And here I am.
(This is how I really felt about it.. I wouldn't touch it until he showed me the empty chamber)
Wait, where'd he go?
Ah.. there he is. My camera skills just couldn't cut it.


Thanks for coming Nathan! It was so much fun to have you here and you are welcome anytime, with or without family :-). But next time I think you should take more food home with you. Although my YW are happy you didn't take the M&M's cuz otherwise they wouldn't of had any treat today during my lesson!

12 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

miss you girl. keep a firm upper lip. One of these weekends will need to get together and party. I only worked 48 hours last week, so I have nothing to complain about compared to you. But I did put in a few hours as a mother gettting kids to school, trying to change class schedules, and finding shot records for Trent to take into his doctor appointment for his mission medical. Oh and I scheduled that as well. I will be so glad when I am back to just my one job of mothering. I can't even beleive that SS lesson came off today. Thank goodness for all the talkers in our ward. Sometimes I think I could just get up and ask the right question and say discuss amongst yourselves and they could take the whole time. Anywho, I am glad it is over. I can' imagine being you and teaching ever week but fast sunday.

I missed you at choir. which i hesitate to mention because I don't want to make you feel bad and I didn't bring my phone or I would have called you. I am so sorry. It is at 4:15 every week. You may have been sound asleep in a much needed and deserved nap. I knwo I had a hard time waking up.

Okey dokey, nice novel in your comment box. Have a great week.

ly Pat

helmhq said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
helmhq said...

Sorry things have been so busy for you right now. It happens. Then we get to say "Come what may and love it." As always, you will remember these days in a much better light in a few weeks---Maybe even laugh about them.

It was nice that you could have some good company. Sounded like fun. I guess you have more of a draw for Nathan.

Hope work eases up a bit. We are thinking of you! And yes, Thanks for the text--we were thinking of you then too.

Sarah Jarvis said...

60 hours? That's crazy! I would be bitter, too. But what can you do? Soon we are coming and then it is PLAY time! :-) Hang in there!

Montana at the Helm said...

I hope all that work you are doing has a great and grand purpose!

Wow, you got a Nathan visit?!? That's great...the food you ate, not so great!

Sorensen said...

Yay! I have missed you so much. So sorry about the hard working!

txparkinsons said...

never had land maggot ... tastes like chicken?

Helm 9 of 10 said...

hmm what kinda rifle is it?

Neita and Nate said...

Ruger M77 Mark II in 25-06. Come and try it out!

She was not impressed with the specialty ammo...weird.:)

Thanks Melanie for a great time... and a special thanks for the meat gut!

It was a bit of a surprise to go to Las Vegas to see lots of rain. However, it did block some of the "scenery" while driving near the strip. It also made for some fun scattering the sidewalk crazy's as we entered the large puddles!

Shawna said...

meat gut...you crack me up!

I think you might need a hat to pull off the huntress look. Glad you had a fun visit with your brother. Bummer it rained the whole time :(

Eliza said...

How fun to see family even in the middle of a busy work week. Russ is going hunting next weekend, you might be a good wing(wo)man!

Bethanie said...

So sorry...um...about...work...I mean...really...thats not...uh, cool.
Yeah, hanging out with Mr. Pause-A-Lot-Guy from work would drive me into not being able to use my croched skills too.