Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Evening

Wondering why I haven't posted is a while? I've been ill.

And we all know what that means.

U've heard of mean drunks? I'm a mean ill. Especially when it's all my unhygienic coworker's fault.

See.. mean.

I've been sitting here every evening. Sometimes here (the new bed my parents brought me... which is their old bed. A full! Can you believe my parents slept on a full for so many years?)
Or once even the back bedroom when it was cooler in there
But mostly here
because of the closeness to the computer. Listening to the Harry Potter books, playing spider solitaire or minesweeper on the computer, or crocheting. I should have been crocheting the whole time seeing all how behind I am in all my blue making but I don't make very good decisions when I'm ill.

For example, I wanted chicken soup so I went to the store and bought a small chicken.

Hello! Ever heard of CANNED soup? Oh no. In my not feeling well state I thought I could roast it, boil the bones and make soup. Which I did over the course of 3 days.

The third day I made chicken soup using broth I had in the freezer from previous bones boiling sessions. Yup.

Today I kinda returned to the life of the living. I made cookies. I'm ready to head out to Boise for Thanksgiving. Ya for the holidays!

BTW I was going to post on the 6th month anniversary of my surgery (the 14th) but I've decided not to go through that. It was 2 traumatic an experience to post details any earlier and now that I can look back without an unreasonable emotional response it doesn't matter. It doesn't bother me much except for the nerves trying to fix themselves. I'm getting used to it.

7 comments:

helmhq said...

Really glad you are feeling better. Now you will have to wash lots and lots of sheets!

I think you should post about your 6 mo. anniversary. You are doing so well and healed so completely and so quickly. How will people know that your Dr. thinks you should be the poster child.

Barbaloot said...

Wow-making homemade soup when you're sick? That's not even something I like to do when I'm feeling well!

Emily Nice said...

sorry you've been sick. Sounds like you're feeling better though. Glad you have so many comfy beds to choose from!

I would make you chicken soup if I was closer.

Unknown said...

glad you're feeling better! be careful travelling over thanksgiving!

Sorensen said...

I hope you feel better soon. You know what goes good with being sick? A good Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson book!

Eliza said...

I think you should put the yellow blanket on your bed. It would cheer you right up!

txparkinsons said...

i think it's very courageous of you to overcome your illness and sacrifice to spend time with your family over the thanksgiving holiday ... :P