I think I've started a new tradition. Its a good one.
I also thought I'd also share 10 more Seattle discoveries. There's not quite as many this time since I wasn't there as long. You know me, always willing to look on the bright side of thing and learn from my experiences.
Its my blog, I can say what I want.
I took more pictures as I was leaving. This time I was on the other side of the plane so I got a good view of the city ie Bellevue.
Can you see where I stayed? Right above all those tall buildings? No? Well, I can.
Here goes.
1. Jimmy Johns in the business park is not open on Saturday. Sad days.
2. It takes alot longer to go shopping if you are walking. ALOT longer. And even if you borrow a work car that first day cuz you know you won't be able to carry it all, having to go back and get the bag of groceries you left in the shopping cart just might add some time to the total experience as well.
(floating bridge, not the one they are replacing)
3. There's a reason people in small apartments eat out. Cooking stinks up the whole place... and all ur clothes. Ick.
4. Did you know a podcast is just like having ur own mp3 files of whatever it is ur listening to? OK, so I might just be a little slow on the whole online ipod stuff. But I'm so excited that I got free podcasts of some of LM Montgomery's books! Haven't listened to them yet so I'm not sure about the quality but its still very exciting. Now I won't have to save the books to listen to while I exercise.
(the plane started to turn before I could get a picture of the next floating bridge... the one they are replacing. You can barely see it there in the back)
5. I really REALLY like cold water straight out of the tap.
6. Look in ALL the pockets in your backpack before deciding you've forgotten your computer jack. You just might end up with 2, the one you bought and the one you found in your backpack as you are packing up to go.
7. California is too big a state to mention as a possible destination. You must specify a city. (Irvine or Oakland... depending on which job they need my help on)
8. All the food you eat before going home will reverse any progress you made toward weight loss before leaving.
And the final two. Those of you who are squeamish you might want to skip the next few pictures.
9. Do not trip while running to try 2 catch the light on ur way to work. You will rip your pants and badly scrap your knee (pictures taken in the restroom at work)
And the screws will try and come out of your elbow (remember the trying to get out of the pool fiasco?) and you will get blood all over your coat.
(A fall like that shore effects your body differently at 35 than at 9 or 10. Especially when you have to sit for 2.5hrs on the plane that afternoon)
Here is what it looks like today (cell phone picture doesn't show how red and groudy it is... for which all of you are probably very thankful).
10. If you biff it hard on a sidewalk in Bellevue, nobody will say a thing... even though there is a cab with it's engine running right next to you and a couple of people out smoking. They just watch you roll around for a bit and say to themselves "Woah, that lady totally biffed it hard. She probably hasn't done that since she was 9. Shore glad it wasn't me. Remind me never to run for the light".
I'm so glad to be back in Vegas.
PS. No Mother, I was NOT texting and walking. I was RUNNING!
9 comments:
Oh Owie. Makes me hurt to see it. Hope you have nearly recovered by now.
There are lots of things to enjoy in California too. Will you bring your bike? They have better weather for exercise. Can I come and visit you when I need it? Wanted to visit you in Seattle, but you were back and forthbacatic too much.
..sweetee... walk!
That "shore"is no good. No good at all. The running and biffing it thing. So sorry. Hope it heals quickly! I will be racing the RAGE Tri at Lake Mead on Saturday if you wanna come by :-). I would love to come visit but it will be just a super short trip with another girl from Flagstaff. Hopefully next time we can hang out! Or we could both race together... :-)
well at least your experience makes for some exciting posts :) Did you get much bruising or only the bleeding? Wouldn't you think jeans would be tougher then that? I hope it wasn't your favorite pair.
I'm glad you are able to look on the bright side of your seatle experience. Now you are a buisiness travel type person who has been on "change of station." :)
I did skip the last two---I'm squeemish:)
I've never been able to do books on tape. What if I don't like the voice of the person reading?
Oh smells now I remember why you are my favorite!
OUCHIES! So sorry.
I don't know how I missed seeing this post. Water out of the tap in Seattle is much better than in Vegas. Really anywhere I think. Glad you are home for a while at least.:)
Yikes! Your ouchies look worse in an up close picture then in person where I was able to keep my distance.
Post a Comment