Anyway, I spent two glorious days working with Emily in her garden. Its made me rather discontent with Vegas. Very discontent. I'm talking more and more of maybe doing something about perhaps starting to look into the possibility of sometime moving out of this town.
Probably tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you know.
Anyway, Angela and Mom were nice enough to stay Friday night on their way to Rexburg for another semester for Angela. Of course Alec, his "friend that's a girl", and Cora had to come say hi as well. Cora is a granddaughter of the Packs in NM and is friends with Angela.
Emily tried to take a picture with my cell phone (we are at Farrs getting ice cream).
I decided to take over.Here is Alec's "friend that's a girl" and Mom discussing nursing. Apparently she's studying to be a nurse so Mom gave her some pointers, i.e. how to be a troublemaker and play practical jokes on your fellow nurses and instructors.
No, I don't remember Alec's "friend that's a girl"'s name, why do you ask?Emily's roommates came too.
And those are all the pictures I took of that.Have you ever been in a group of people that no one thing/person draws them all together? It makes for some interesting dynamics. Not awkward, just interesting.
After Mom and Angela left Saturday morning, Amy and Gage came on Saturday night to make use of the Emily Hotel. Amy wanted to try something new and exciting for dinner (she was on vacation after all) so we went to the Chinese Hot Pot place. Of course, the decision wasn't made as easily as I make it sound. Amy finally told Emily to give her 3 suggestions and she would pick one of them. She's learned how to make things happen in a Helm world :-)
Her and Alec were a little nervous at first and unsure as to the protocol but I think it grew on them. Look at all those empty plates and bowls.
Gage got to drink soda after finishing his mushrooms. That's why he's so happy. And that's all the pictures I took. For a blogger I'm pretty lame.
Just take my word, rather than my pictures, that I loved getting out of Vegas and playing/working with family.
PS. As a side note, I taught RS today for the first time. Sigh. Any suggestions on how I can be less spastic? One lady told me "Well, at least it wasn't boring!". I've already decided not to have Easter candy and wheat thins for dinner the night before. I'm thinking that might help.
(I gave myself an Easter basket. Those Wheat thin Stix are NASTY. I can tell you the Easter bunny will never give those again... never ever.)
6 comments:
How's the sunburn? I think you should look around here for a job. There are so many jobs in Montana you know.
I think you better fire your Easter Bunny for giving you those nasty wheat thin sticks!
I think you were more descriptive in your weekend then mine... thats cause you're a more experienced blogger then me even if I have more pictures :)
I like your Easter basket. Very springy. I forgot to take a picture of ours and the candy may be mostly eaten so I don't think a picture will be taken...
I'm sure your lesson was fine. You were just nervous. I should come visit so I can critique in person- I'm very critical so it should help.
Anyways I think yer great!
AH Mel you should never try to be less YOU!
Really glad we got to see you. It's nice that you can get together once in a while.
I'm impressed with your Easter basket. Somehow without having a younger person here we didn't do anything. I guess we kind of missed out. I usually like an excuse to do a little Easter decorating and get a few spring type things that I need
Hey you can't leave this town if I can't. Just sayin. Glad you liked your Easter Basket, but sorry about the icky crakers. There should be a law.
i think her name is jalynn... can you hear the song? "..will i wait for you?..."
Post a Comment