Friday, May 27, 2011

Strange Bedfellows and 2 Other Things

1. Do you ever wake up in the morning, lift up your pillows, and realize you have slept with every portable electronic device you own? I always sleep with my phone cuz it's my alarm clock... and lately I've been sleeping with my laptop because I listen to books on tape before bed, but the latest book I downloaded from the library could only be transferred to an ipod.

Perhaps I need a bigger bed.

2. For breakfast, I've discovered the joys of hash browns and carrots. Emily and Mom taught me how to wash the grated potatoes so they don't stick together and now I throw in a carrot or two with my chives and/or onions. So pretty.

But be warned, although the carrots add some sweetness (and lets face it, anything tastes wonderful fried in butter), you can have too many carrots. The ratio definitely needs to be heavy on the potatoes. I love me some starch.

3. I've discovered that my attitude on the bike is inversely proportional to the elevation gain. Up it goes, down goes the attitude and visa versa. Of course, too much downhill or too much straight can get boring but too much uphill really takes the cake. Kinda like life.

Life Lesson brought to you by Melanie. Your welcome.

I'm off to spend Memorial weekend with Emily. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday!

8 comments:

helmhq said...

you need to come and make us some hash browns. We would be so very greatfull!

I'm not sure sleeping with electronic stuff is even healthy. Get a bedside table please.

Emily Nice said...

wow that looks really uncomfortable. How did you sleep? All my electronics would be totally trashed if I tried that, Sure glad you are here visiting me cause I am so much fun :)

Bethanie said...

Often I leave pens or pencils in my bed after writing. The best was when Jim woke up covered in blue pen. I just laughted and laughted but Jim...did not.
I wish I could hang out with you and Emily!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Have you tried sweet potato hash browns? Love those! Yours look really yummy too though!
I love myself some hills, but only if I get to cruise down the other side! Kinda like life... :-)

Sorensen said...

You are hillarious!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Ok how did I miss this one? I don't know. tsk tsk tsk.

Montana at the Helm said...

I would definitely get a bigger bed!

Eliza said...

I'm glad you didn't get tangled in all those cords!

Yummy breakfast!