Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Woman of Smarts

Last week the Laurels in my ward called to see if they could drop something by in 20 minutes.  They had a delivery or 2 before me but wanted to make sure I would be home.

Figuring it was cookies, I said yes. I'm always down for cookies.

Having just got home from work, I quickly ate dinner and then rushed around picking up the front room and bringing in the rugs from off the porch after shaking them... they may or may not have been out there since the weekend.  My goal to always have my house clean when I leave in case something happens (the 2yr anniversary of my bicycle accident was Monday) isn't working so well.  Perhaps I need to change my middle name to Lazy or Housework Unmotivated.

Anyways, they stopped by and gave me this.
A nicely decorated plate with individually wrapped yummy chocolate, some lotion, and finger nail polish.  The presentation was awesome.
And what does it say?  Woman of Knowledge, Melanie Smart Helm.
Apparently I exemplify the young woman value of knowledge because, as they said, "your middle name is Smart".

How right they are.
When I told this story at work, Marcia (my drafter) said "Boy, have you got them fooled!"

I think the more proper saying would be "Boy, have you got them trained!"

PS.  The young woman didn't realize my window was open and as they were leaving I heard "awkward" and "next time".  I hadn't thought the meeting on my doorstep was awkward but its well known that knowledge and social skills don't necessarily go together :)

9 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Glad you have them trained so well. What are the chances I can do that with all the primary kids? hmmmmm

Pat said...

Hooray for middle names of Smart. What a very smart post. :D

Sorensen said...

Who needs social skills!

Bethanie said...

You need to get a plate frame and put the plate up with your ribbons.

Chelsea said...

That's awesome!

helmhq said...

Can't think of anyone more deserving. With or without the middle name you are smart.

Emily Nice said...

I like bethanie's idea, but I think you should always keep cookies on it because you are one smart cookie. And then I can eat them all.

txparkinsons said...

i just think you are really cool!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is quite the honor. Congrats! I agree with Bethanie, you should put it on the wall with your ribbons and medals.
I'm pretty amazed with all of your accomplishments.