I know you are all just dying to know... Here's what I entered.
I'm on a sewing kick so the only crocheted item was my booties. I know, can you believe it? I've been on such a knitting and sewing thing that I haven't had the time or desire to finish the afghan/baby blanket/other baby blanket/socks/more baby blankets for the fair. Everything else I've finished I've given away (to Jamie). I did have that one knitted scarf I'd purposely kept so I did have one more thread project to turn in (I don't say it of myself, but my friends tell me its very beautiful). And as long as I was looking around for finished projects I decided to turn in my Halloween costume, although sewing is a bit more cutthroat in the awarding of ribbons department.
And then I turned in the project that has been consuming my evenings (along with a couple of bags which I never blogged about (slacker)) .. a quiet book.
I'm not going to go into the learning experiences here... suffice it to say this is a practice one.
At the fair I saw I had won 6 ribbons. Everything got a blue ribbon (I was surprised my sewing stuff got blue) while the knitted scarf got adult judges choice (never got one of those before) and 2nd best in class (my favorite ribbon cuz its a big YELLOW one). Apparently knitting was the way to go this year. I'm thinking those fair judges might be getting tired of seeing my booties every year.
And these are the ribbons I got home with...
Wait... 4 entries...
Only 3 ribbons?
Sigh... now I know to check they put everything in my bag when picking it up from the fair people. This puts a serious damper on my "Get as Many Ribbons and Medals as Possible" (GAMRAMAP) collection.
However, good news, Melissa got two ribbons with her 1 entry and since she was going to just throw them away, I took them... after I found them in my purse. Apparently I'm fairly vocal about my loss of ribbons.
So now I'm only missing my favorite yellow one. I have one from two years ago but it just wouldn't be the same as TWO yellow ones.
Anyone have an extra big yellow ribbon? Arvid suggested looking at DI.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
i love you!
Is there a lost and found at the fair?
If I find a yellow ribbon, it's yours! Sorry for you loss, but way to go with those blue ribbons!
Such a talented lady! I am so sad about your big yellow ribbon!
Congrats!! to the woman who does everything. We love you.
What someone took your ribbon??
Looks like you have to enter next year.
Your quiet book looks awesome.
thats weird that you are loosing ribons. What does that all mean?
Post a Comment