Friday, July 13, 2012

2012 Family Reunion Part 2

Well, this was ready a while ago but dumb blogger wouldn't upload my videos.  So I got online and found a solution: upload them to you tube.  I finally got around to doing that so here's my post... even though you should never post on Fridays.  Too bad.

Amy got her last one in before me, but I'm going to break this into 3 so its OK cuz I'll end up with more posts.  Of course its a contest, didn't you know?  Everything is a contest.

After Jareds activity (which Amy did a good job blogging about), Emily brought out a long roll of plastic, soaker hoses, and baby soap for a homemade slip and slide.
Whoda thunk?
 The little kids were all over it.
 Some were more braver than others.
Emily tried to help
 Go baby go!
The boys actually rearranged the position of the slide after a little bit...
there was a very small depression that went down the middle of the yard.
The older ones got into the action
That's Jenny!
But apparently I didn't get any of the older boys or Bailey :(
Zane went the farthest until Wyatt and Jared got in on the action... but I don't have any pictures of that,  just the little boys.
I was pressed into service as the water and soap sprayer, the position Nathan has in the photo's above.  It probably wasn't a necessary task since Nathan left the post to hold down the grass under the trampoline, but it made me feel important. 

Then Emily brought out the water balloons and balloon launcher and I made myself into one of the water balloon fillers.  Boy were those kids all over that!  Two yrs ago when I pulled out the water balloons for the shot put those kids swarmed my bucket and I had a hard time keeping it organized.  They LOVE water balloons... just can't get enough.  Joel was so excited I thought he would jump out of his skin everytime he got his hands on one. Note to self, ALWAY have water balloons at a Family Reunion.

There were a bunch of other fun activities but apparently I only found my phone during Bethanie's.  It consisted of homemade picture targets popping up behind the couches and 15 bean bags shots.  There's a pirate! 
Don't hit the bomb!  You'll blow up!
Oops.. at least she missed :)
Choose between the nurse and the bad guy.
Oh.. I guess I didn't get any pictutres more good guys.  There were snails, a graduate, penquin, and a grandma... but she had a taser so most people nailed her.  It was pretty funny, especially when the kids went behind the couch and those guys were popping up and down like mad!

OK.. I'll end this with the lovely videos I did of the first night of Talent show.  Of course, I didn't film the other nights talents... Its hit or miss with me.  (Sorry Angela!  I know you wanted to see them... the Parkies might have filmed a few so ask them)

First, the Idaho Helms:


Now the Parkinsons... in defense of my dismal videoing skills (maybe try for FACES Melanie? :), I didn't know what they were doing and was so in the wrong position.


My family is awesome.  I'll leave all the picture I took at the temple and with our red shirts for the next post.

2 comments:

Sorensen said...

You guys have the funnest reunions!

Emily Nice said...

its funny the different things that you got pictures taken of. I'm hoping mom will post her pictures too.