I never did blog about my birthday (over 3 months ago), but that's because I wasn't really going to celebrate it until I went up to Utah to play with my sisters later that month... which I did blog about. I've been meaning to blog more but apparently its not high on my to-do list. Its superseded with things like reading and sleeping.... and in the case of June, going through family reunion withdrawals.
Anyway, besides being invited over to Melissa's for a Saturday party (she invited me to celebrate Sunday with the whole Bunn family (which was really nice of them) but I knew I'd be busy talking to my whole family on Sunday), I had a visitor or two.
Can you see it?
There it is trying to get back behind the TV.
OK, so this little rat is one of two, came out of a cage, and does not live in my house.
A coworker was going on vacation and asked if I could watch them since the original rat sitter fell through. They were still just babies cuz she had just gotten them for her kids for Easter (I know, what kind of present is that?).
There was a white one named Jellybean.
And a black one named... um, I can't remember.
I guess the coworker thought I would take good care of them since I told her I had a rat named Rosemary growing up. I made her a wagon and harness out of plastic canvas that she wouldn't even try to pull around. Just sat in her traces and started trying to chew her way out.
It felt a little strange taking rats in a big cage home from work and then bringing them back a couple of days later.
They were really cute and fun to have over the weekend but I was glad to take them back.
Although I did love my pet cockatiel (Spree) and was so sad to see him go, its hard work to have any type of pet. I'm not able (or willing) to put in the time and effort (or cash :) to ensure a good home life. Until I have my own house and am more settled, I'll just have to continue to borrow others.
So it was fun for a couple of days. A good reminder of how fun, annoying, poopy, silly, loud, cute, smelly, and entertaining little rodents can be :)
Monday, July 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
hey! we have a rat disposal unit at our house if needed....
I know that rodents are useful for experimentation.
I am still not sure how I feel about pet rats, but I am glad you had fun with them. What a nice coworker you are!
Borrowed pets is fun, they did look like friendly little beasts.
are you sure you dont want a kitty???
Post a Comment