Friday, January 29, 2016

Holidays 2015

I didn't take many pictures during the holidays this year.  I'm really sad I didn't get any of the ice skating :(

We left in a snowstorm... it was really bad.  The only good driving was through Moab, Farmington (we took the southern route), and then from Abiquiu home.
We were stopped for an accident ahead of us for quite a while and Emily got out with Daisy to throw the ball... she came back in rather wet :)

It was a long scary/snowy drive . The story has been told enough times so so here are the highlights.
  • Daisy ripped her foot pads running for the ball on asphalt.  Didn't think about how bad it might be on her pads since the parking lot was full of snow!  Poor thing limped around after that.
  • We drove on snowfilled backroads to get around the accident mentioned above and passed a jeep which had gone off into the ditch.  The hood was level with the road.  Talk about stressful driving!
  • Aaron drove the last hours from Farmington (I couldn't handle it anymore) and once we started over the mountains through Cuba NM, Emily started calling out the curves from the backseat (R3!, L2!, R1!... I helped with L-3!,R-2!, etc.).  She also kept us appraised of the current elevation.
  • I kept saying during that drive over the mountains "Everything will be fine once we get to Abiquiu!" Its the begining of a quote from Willow that I apparently quote incorrectly (just looked it up) but it was still funny.  Yes, quite funny.
These are my pictures of the Nativity Amy put together with singing and fun times.
Not sure what Daisy was supposed to be... a sheep?
Mary riding on the donkey.
Andrew would jump up and come down posed like this saying "I'm a star!" while waggling his head.  It was quite entertaining.
There was lots of singing...

I love the music that happens while we are there. This is the only video I took.
Emily has another good one of us singing Joy in the Morning.

We went to the nature center one afternoon and the microscope was a big hit.
Amy got a picture of Andrew sticking his eye in there.  It was pretty funny!
They have a really nice place for bird watching over the canyon.  Apparently they get a bunch of night visitors such as foxes and I can't remember which type of wild cat...
The poop drawer was very popular!
This was our spread for New Years Eve... Without Emily there (she and Aaron went back early so Aaron could work and Ems could get back to milking) it was fairly toned down :)
Typically we do the big spread on New Years Day but since Bethanie and family had to leave we decided to do it a day earlier.
We tried out Angela's Christmas present puzzle table a couple of times... I do like doing puzzles!  And so does Amy... I think :)
And for some reason I took a picture of Gage playing on Amy's new tablet she got for Christmas.
It was a good holiday season with family especially since I mostly relaxed. Sorry I didn't help with the cinnamon rolls Bethanie and Jenny but they shore tasted great!

3 comments:

Bethanie said...

Melanie your awesome! Great minds think alike. I just posted about the nature center and mentioned a movie. We're so cool!
I had such a good time at Christmas. I'm glad that you were able to make it through the snow.

Helm Headquarters said...

We're awfully glad you made it through the snow too! We really hope it's worth it, because we love having you all here!

Jamie Pearson said...

i love that you are blogging again!!!