I have lots of cocoa and sour cream to use up so I thought I'd make myself a cake. The only recipe I could find in my cupboard was a "World War I Chocolate Cake" made with mayonnaise. I looked on-line and it said you could substitute sour cream. So I thought I'd go for it.
Then I made frosting to try and help. Unfortunately I had increased the cake recipe and failed to do so for the frosting as well.
Here is the results (I frosted it AFTER I had already tried to eat some).
Then I could get down to the business of making myself some REAL treats.
Look at those cookies. I did add too much flour (more flour is good in chocolate chip cookies, but apparently not so much in roll out cookies... especially wheat flour) so they are a little crumbly, but shore do taste good! Maybe just a little nutty.
And you know what makes them even better? GREEN FROSTING!
And you know what makes them even better? GREEN FROSTING!
To bad none of u are here to share with. My VTee's will get to share in the bounty of crumbly frosted cookies.
Then I tried French Bread. That's certainly a good treat!
I don't know what my problem is. I followed the recipe with the water bath in the oven and sprayed them with water in the first few minutes of cooking but I ended up with pretty dense bread.
Now I just need some good ice cream to go with those cookies. Guess what was on sale at Smiths? Mint Chocolate chip! PERFECT. I'm going to get myself some more right now.
PS. I read in my cookbook (America's Test Kitchen) that mayonnaise is pretty salty and they cautioned against adding any to the cake. Since I was using sour cream instead, I think a little salt woulda helped. Just FYI to those of u who care.
11 comments:
the info would help if i actually cooked ... i love mice and beans!
wow you really have been cooking up a storm....too bad i have to live so far away. I do have an amazing french bread recipe that I will try to send your way....its soooooooo good.
Yummy! I need to stop by before its all gone.
Man, I wish I had the time (or patience) to bake much with two wild boys). Actually, I do, I guess. Just nothing fancy like you. Roll out cookies and French bread... Sounds really good and looks good too. Have you ridden your bike since the crash?
I like cookies and ice cream. Ok, I really like cookies and ice cream
how about you cook treats for me? I can make dinner but i don't usually bake treats. well maybe thats a good thing...
Wow! That's a lot of baking! It all looks so yummy. I really can't stand the guy on ATK show that airs on PBS. I always want to see someone flick his little bow tie.
I've had bread turn out that way before or I should say I have had that happen several times before.
It's fun to have people to share your yummy's with!
Ooh-that bread looks so yummy. I'm on a serious carb-withdrawal these days and just looking at the picture helped:)
ohh...I would have sooo made you some sweet treat or brought over your fav ice cream of peanut butter chocolate ice cream.
I've been cooking sweet treats all week, well ever since I had baby Henry. I feel like I have a sweet tooth that can not be tamed.
Miss you.
Grandma wishes she lived at your house. She likes treats of any kind. It it's sweet--it's good!
WV atessoss = an SOS after you eat too much sweet stuff
Post a Comment