I have a lamp in my back bedroom that isn't performing its duty, ie providing light. The poor thing can't handle it after its light bulb broke.
Poor Lamp. Poor Melanie. Poor visitors that don't have light.
But then I got this good idea.And look... it worked!
OK Dad, stop reading now. That is really all you need to know. The following graphic pictures will most likely cause you to weep, cry, gnash your teeth, wail, and call your SMART daughter. Resist the temptation... on all accounts.
All it took was a trip to Home Depot for a spool of red 14 gage wire, a pair of scissors, my engineering know how I inherited from my father, and I HOT WIRED the lamp.
Four prongs, four wires. Here it is cold wired. (My camera has trouble with up close and personal so I had to make the pictures small)Look at those mad wiring skills!
And now it is hot wired and has been so for a week or so (nothings blown yet, so I think we're safe). What can I say? My middle name is smart.
Just sayin'.
PS. Dad, I warned you!
11 comments:
Impressive! And I don't know enough to know that what you did was dangerous. But I am assuming it is because of the tone of this blog and the Father warnings not to look. Funny!
WOW. I also have no clue what you did. But I am impressed and definitely think you deserve your middle name.
PS: I thought so even before you wrote this post.
You are so cool! Totally the SMART child. You have some skills girls!
good job Melanie! wonder why they don't sell bulbs for your lamp, I think thats wierd. Good job on the post too.
Loved it! The next step is hot wiring cars...
I'm impressed with your engineering ingenuity, but the actual application has me worried! What if the wires get too hot? Dad did actually read it and he said "this is too scary, buy a new lamp and I'll pay for it." Maybe you should take him up on it.
Wow you never cease to amaze and astound me.
You're amazing! I could never do that!
Well, I vaguely recall an incident involving a call to the fire department about a burning smell... Wasn't that you?lets not try to legitimize with a new incident. Although, I agree that you are pretty amazing. The funny thing is that you can AFFORD a new lamp! but I guess it wouldn't have made a good post.
Well, you did a good job... I never would have been SMART enough to do that. However I am worried too, I just hope that nobody in-advertenly touches it (amazing how I can add a dash and the spell checker thing goes away!!!). I'm gonna show that to Richard, I'm sure that he'll just sigh...
You're are definately too SMART for me! Good job, but a little scary too. Don't leave it on when you're not home o.k.
Post a Comment