Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Much Needed Break

I didn't have to work Friday! Since the powers that be have asked we only do overtime if it is STRICTLY necessary (translation they want you to think: We are starting to wind down and getting to the end of our budget so don't blow it! True translation: You are now going to be donating some work) I kindly offered to take Friday off since I had worked last Saturday. What a good employee I am.

On Thursday morning Arvid hemmed and hawed in the right direction (that even tempered Norwegian can never give a straight yes or no answer) so I told him he had until 5 pm to decide if it was OK. At 4:30 I came in to ask something about my bridge and he said "So your not coming in tomorrow?" And I replied, "That is correct".

I love manipulating my boss.

I had such a long list of things I wanted to do! I told everyone at the RS activity Thursday night my list. One of the ladies asked me how many of those things I thought I'd get done. Maybe 3.

Here it is:
Long Run (check... Friday AND Saturday )
Oil Change (check)
Talk to Bethanie for 3 hours (check)
Visit Melissa (in the hospital... the actual plan was to visit at her house but no such luck. They are upping his meds and he has to stay at the hospital through 5 doses. He did break the 5 day record at home by one day)
Go to the Temple (check)
Go to the Library for Books on Tape and THAT'S ALL. (check)
Walmart run (check.. though I still forgot a few things on that list)
Finish crocheting items to send (check)
Taxes (check.. Saturday)
Mail Package (check)(actually that was my Saturday run... to the post office)
Re pot and deadhead indoor plants (check)
Clean out outside garden (check)
Home Depot run (check) (OK so that wasn't really on my list.. I decided to get some flowers)
Wash Windows ....

So I got everything done except washing the windows! And that might happen tonight. I say might because I bought 2 books last night in celebration. I told myself I would get Brandon Mull's and Garth Nix's new books SATURDAY NIGHT if I got my list done (I had to do Saturday night otherwise I would read them and get nothing done!). Read one last night and am about 1/3rd through the second (I'm actually pretty proud of myself for not reading this morning).

Now I need to get to church. I got up early this morning thinking I could get some stuff done before church but now I'm going to be late. Sigh. People with 10 kids get to church on time and I can't get my little ol' self there on time!

8 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Yeah for a productive weekend. I love it when I have such a productive weekend. Can't say I had one this weekend but I did a few weekends ago. Thanks for the update on Melissa I have tried calling her but she hasn't responded. I guess I will just have to wait. I'm so glad you got everything done on your to do list and now I hope you have a fantastic Sunday!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Wow, Miss Productive! That's impressive! Are you training for some long race or something? Of course I am curious about that but I am so glad you got all these other things done as well. I pretty much only got a long run in yesterday but oh well... There is always Monday!

Montana at the Helm said...

Way to go Melanie! Isn't it a great feeling to get so much done?!?
It's so nice that you finally had a day off. Now we all feel better! It's no fun knowing our Melanie is being worked to death.

We would like it if you could come and fly a kite with us too!

Neita and Nate said...

Good Job on getting so much done. I had a week off(spring break)and now I'm paying for it. I will be doing laundry all day!Though I'm going to watch a movie while I do it!
Hang in there, June will be here before we know it!!

Kara said...

What a great weekend! I love my Fridays off too, but end up working half of them.

Thanks for the Mitchell update. I was hoping they might be up for a visit next weekend. Hopefully he is home again!

I think you should consider signing up for the 10-mile Tour de Summerlin, because I need someone with some experience to show me the ropes! (Kelly and I are planning to ride it, although Kelly only has a mtn bike right now. He's been watching Craigslist.)

Bethanie said...

So you just wrote down the things you got done right? Sometimes I make lists of things I did that day just so I can cross them off. At least that is what I hope because then that makes me the lazy sister. Drat~

Emily Nice said...

hey i left a note and it was good. Now its not here.

I said something clever about good job getting everything on your list done! I also said you can come visit me anytime you want.

I also said that shocking as it may sound, i sometimes make impulsive flower purchases.

Anonymous said...

love it when can get so much done in one day. Why can't it be like that everyday? Seriously, I know we would need a break eventually, but still, wish I could better with making good use of my time.