This was last week. They took out the stitches last Wednesday. (Yes, this is rather late but I've been working 10-12 hour days including over the weekend/holiday. And that's all I'm going to say about that.)
HA!
What I've learned: If it hurts, good.
If it feels like they are trying to crush ur arm with a ton of bricks or stretch it to the next zip code, EVEN BETTER!
Second scariest sentence I've ever heard: "If you couldn't touch ur head we'd have more work to do". (First scariest sentence: "Take everything off and put on this hospital gown". Still having nightmares about that.)
I do have to admit that my regular therapist (who went to Europe on vacation for 2 weeks) is much more vigorous than the guys she asked to cover for her. She got me to 45 degrees right before she left, which I promptly lost. The first substitute (last Friday) barely even pushed on it and the second one (this week) was somewhere in the middle. I think I like him the best :-). No pain, no gain right? Or as Akiko says, "the best medicine is bitter".
Oh yes, force it. In fact put weights in ur hand when u are stretching it out! (Ouch)
And here it is yesterday. I'd been slowly taking the steri strips off so when I asked the physical therapist Wednesday if that was OK, he took them all off.The correct response is... Wow, that is so small! I can barely see it. Or.. U need to wash, somebody drew a line down ur elbow.
PS. One of the drafters at work asked "Couldn't they have at least used a straight edge?"
10 comments:
Wow.
I agree with the drafter person. How come they didn't cut it straight? I guess they don't ask surgeons if they can stay in the lines, but maybe they should?
So is the yellow stuff on your amazingly huge bicept your bruise?
Will you have full range motion eventually? Can you flip your hand palm up yet? Can you swim yet?
I know so many questions. I guess I can wait until I see you IN ONLY TWO WEEKS (or so)
I was squirming as I was reading. Yucky stuff! You deserve a gold medal for all your pain and anguish. But I like the comic relief you throw in every little bit. You're funny!
I agree with Emily. Wow wow wow.
Glad you are making progress. Glad you are able to work 10-12 hour days, although I wish you didn't have to.
See ya tomorrow.
Wow. That is one big scar. Huge! It seems like it is easier to type. I am glad about that! And I have to agree, if it hurts, it is good. But only if it hurts in a good way, I guess.... :-)
That is one cool scar now just think of how many stories you can make up when people ask about it. I'm glad you are pushing yourself so your arm can get better.
It really does look good Mel. It is a nice clean well healed line. I am amazed at your progress. Great work!
So sorry about your pain. You could think of your arm like a puzzle piece, they aren't staight lines either! Keep healing!
I cannot resist the urge to point out the fact that you could have gotten more attention if you just let me know you were a little low. I mean this seems a bit extreme - even for a middle child.
I love you. It is good to see you progressing.
See you soon.
That is a good looking scare. A lot cooler then mine. Have you tried swimming yet? I need some one to do S.S. with me.
I think it's funny you're wearing a bike shirt to show off the scar you got from biking. Now that shows just how much of a sense of humor you have.
When I saw the scar I was thinking wow! that's just like my dad. Be grateful you don't have matching ones like my dad. Yep, he broke both his elbows.
Keep up the hard P.T. work it will pay off in the end.
Post a Comment