Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ants in the House

Glen left food at his desk and got tiny sugar ants over the weekend.

The secretary had them come and spray, but the ants just moved on to the next office. They sprayed again... and they continued the pattern by moving on to my office.
This time the spray guy wasn't too happy and after spraying all around my coworkers desks (who had no ants), he put a quick squirt in the corner by my desk and called it a day.
I tried to get them to move on to the next office by secretly moving them one by one over to Angus's desk.
I have no food! Go AWAY!
After a week of killing them as they climbed my cables and walls, I brought in some ammunition and set it by my desk.
Haven't seen an ant since.
Didn't have to depress the trigger once.
I guess Raid really does works.

6 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Now that is great effective nonverbal communication!

Gage said...

that is the most awesome calculator!

Barbaloot said...

I hate ants. I used to have some in my basement and it makes me feel so icky.

txparkinsons said...

... similar in effectiveness to a fly swatter? ....

Emily Nice said...

hey isn't that my calculator?

sorry bout the ants, but guess its better then other insects.... like those sand crickets. ick.

helmhq said...

trust the engineer to figure out the best way to deal with the problem!