Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bed Roulette

Yes, I still have that post written up about more period drama's but once again I want to post about something else. Besides, that post is pretty boring. This one is not. Just ask me.

And I'm sorry I don't have any new recipes for you Jamie... I go through stages when I'm a cooking fiend but most of the time I'm happy with spaghetti one week, mac and cheese the next... repeat.

It's been trying hard to cool off here in Vegas and the other night I got so excited that I decided to turn off the air conditioner and try the fans. The day time high was 98.

Now normally I wait until the high is 95 because it cools off enough in the evening to sleep but I noticed the the night time lows were sinking even if the daytime highs were not. And a front was going to move through the next day.

The weather is my favorite part of the news. Have I ever mentioned that?

I had gone swimming that night and thought being all wet (and eating ice cream) would chill me enough to sleep though the first part of the evening. I like ice cream. Its why I exercise.

In order to keep my stinky smoking neighbor smell from coming in the house I exhaust out my room. This means I sleep in the back bedroom on Melissa's old bed where the "cool" air is coming in. (1)

Do you know how hard it is to sleep when it's hot? It takes a while to fall asleep and then I woke up after an hour or so and decided to try my own bed. (2)

At 2:30am my power went out... and then back on. My power had been cut by evil people but then the back-up system kicked in! My heart was pounding when I woke up.

I really need to stop watching MI-5 on PBS... even if Mr. Thorton is on MI-5.

I got some water, took some headache drugs (I never drink enough when I exercise at night) and tried the other bed in the back bedroom right under the window. (3)

Of course, I had to use the restroom a couple hours later so I went back to my bed in my room. (4)

And as for getting up and exercising in the morning? My alarm goes off, I turn it off... and go sleep in a different bed.

8 comments:

Barbaloot said...

My word, how many beds are in the house?

I hope you get to sleep well tonight!

Eliza said...

Playing musical beds makes a crazy night. I hope you get to take a nap.

txparkinsons said...

i think my kids would fuss if i tried to get in their beds ... and our couch is really comfy ...

helmhq said...

If we bring you the new bed you will have another to try!!

Why don't you just turn up the air conditioner and pretend it's cool outside so you can sleep? How much is a good night's sleep worth?

Sorry you had a bad night.

Montana at the Helm said...

I guess..if you have different beds to use...then why not?
But I think we would keep the air conditioning on. Jared absolutely, completely hates sleeping if it is hot.

Neita and Nate said...

I've been watching Mr. Thorton on Netflix instantly...BBC t.v. series of Robin Hood. He is a bad guy and sometimes he acts and looks just like in North and South. Not bad eye candy! The Wii is coming in quite handy, as I can watch netflix through my t.v. now. It's nice when I'm on the treadmill and need a new movie to watch, so the time goes faster. Thanks a million!

Sorry about the sleepless night! Fall is in the air around here.

Unknown said...

poor dave gets frozen out when we sleep because I absolutely roast without the AC on because of the bun cooking in the oven. sleeping while it's hot is miserable!
Also it sounds like you'll have enough beds for when anyone and their family comes to visit, ensuring that they stay at your house whenever they come to visit. Clever, if you enjoy the guests, Bummer if they're like fish, and stink after 3 days.

Emily Nice said...

when i wake up i say, "whatever" and go back to sleep. Not a good idea if I'm supposed to be somewhere in the morning. Guess I like my bed too much :)