I wanted to put Mums on graves this last memorial weekend so I went back up to Utah even though I had just been there the weekend before.
Kinda crazy I know. I really need to look into flying.
And then Emily got sick... but at least we had watched Star Trek the night BEFORE she got sick (it was great!).
So I dug in the garden, ran some errands and darned socks while Emily laid down. Sunday we sat out under the tree in Emilys back yard.
I then made Emily take me to see the Provo Tabernacle on stilts. I of course had forgotten my phone so no pictures :( but it was awesome. I love me some concrete and rebar! We also found the graves in the Provo Cemetery we had put Mums on a couple of years ago.
Then Monday morning I was sick... but determined to go to the Salt Lake cemetery and see the graves there. Its why I'd come up for goodness sakes! So Emily drove us there.
I mostly laid out on the grass in the shade or sun, depending on how I felt, while Emily grave hunted. These were Dad's people. Previously we had found the relatives of some of these people up in Eagles Landing (?).
Go Emily! She's a good Mum carrier.
We have Clark's on both sides... its a common name. We are related to the man buried here though the daughter of the first wife who died in England. Benjamin brought his daughter with him over to the US where we assume she stayed in Illinois (?) because she is buried there. He took his granddaughter of this daughter with him to SLC.
This is a sad story.. we spent alot of time at these Moss's headstones because though we were looking for Moss's, these head stones were not the people we were looking for. We finally figured out they were buried there (Jackson Moss and his wife? Ask Emily) but no gravestones. :(
We found these Moss's! I love that picture of Emily.
And some Busbys. The infamous Lydia who has so many different versions of her name. Guess who picked out the yellow Mums...
The SLC cemetery is one big puppy so we didn't actually see many of the famous peoples graves. They were over on the other side... but in a Romney plot along the way, I found this lady.
I had to take a picture. Emily thought I may have been a little irreverent but I've been called Melly Smelly in my life so really I'm just connecting with the dead. I'm sure she understands :)
I think the most fun part of the day was knowing that the parents, Bethanie and family, and Jared and family were all doing the same thing up in Idaho. It was a good day of remembrance.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Sorry you were both didn't feel well but glad you were able to get out. I particularly like the last grave picture.
Jared
Hey, Kevin and I just got home from seeing Star Trek! It was fun, and I liked it just as much as the first one! We both agreed, though, that there was too much action and the best parts were the parts with dialogue. They should have made a bit more of that. :)
That is crazy to find a "Nellie Smellie"!! Of course you to are crazy...crazy FUN that is!
You are so naughty when you are sick!
Post a Comment