Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Stay away from the Quilts

This is a little random, but I didn't feel like writing up the other posts I have ready and I wanted another June post.
Been listening to some books about quilting people (Elms Creek Quilters... very easy listening... fluffy).

This spring I happened to find a weekend quilt show going on in Henderson... so I went.

I saw lots of quilts...
BTW, do you what a "Bed Turing Presentation" is?  I thought it sounded very interesting and had a couple ideas... none of which were right.  In truth, it was a bed with some old (some might say antique) quilts laid out. Two gloved ladies standing on each side reverently picked up each one and displayed it as another lady with a microphone read through an explanation.  Interesting... but not at all what I imagined.

Now you know too.
But here was my favorite part...
I liked these two the best.
They had other warning signs relating to quilting but I didn't understand those so they weren't funny :)

Don't worry, I can admire quilts and all the work that goes in them without making one myself.

(My prayers and thoughts continue to be with Melissa, Dan, Mitchell, and new baby Bunn)

3 comments:

helmhq said...

I sure like to look at quilts too, and then I think about making them, but fortunately I never do.

Can't wait to have you come here!!

Sorensen said...

you cack me up friend!

Pat said...

That looks like fun. Next time you go, if I am not busy I would love to come. Of course the chances of that are rather small, but still a nice thought.