Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Very Spooky Guy

A few Halloween's ago, my friend Mauvia sent me this green singing Hamster.

It makes me happy.

During the Halloween season (and after), it sits on the kitchen table and every time I pass it, I push the button and rock out.

I'm a very spooky guy!

The kind you don't take home to Mother!

Unfortunately, Spree has taken a strong dislike to the thing. He hisses, he screeches, he flaps his wings and flies away.

I admit.. sometimes I tease him with it.

Poor Spree.

But for some reason, he isn't afraid of the vacuum. In fact, he'll sometimes even go after it if it's doing something he doesn't like.

Like... sucking up dirt. I have to put him in his cage so he doesn't get sucked up too.
I'd take a picture of him vs. the vacuum, but my vacuum is in the shop. Apparently a hundred dollar vacuum can't survive vacuuming up the edge of a blanket.

The blanket didn't survive either.

Listen to Spree complaining in the background. "I'm a Super Freak! Super Freak!"
If I was a little bird, I'd think a huge sucking vacuum would be much scarier than a little green singing hamster.

Maybe he was traumatized as a baby by a green hamster.

11 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

That is way to funny.

txparkinsons said...

i think it's scary that you chose to share this experience with all of us ....

;)

wv - smotes= i just done smotes you!

Barbaloot said...

I gotta say, I'm more afraid of the hamster than the vacuum as well:)

Sorensen said...

I am laughing out loud right now. (well I was 10 seconds ago but I couldn't type at the same time) I am going to have to revive the Halloween package! Who cares about Christmas. First things first, must get a job.

Bethanie said...

I still think that is sooo funny!! I think I need to get me one of those spooky guys.

Sarah Jarvis said...

I hate it when that happens-getting something stuck in the vacuum. Happens to me all the time.
Love the videos!

Kevin said...

Ha ha! I love it!!
--Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...You think making him eat his green vegetables when we owned him might have been the cause of dislike for the green hamster?

Emily Nice said...

he he he !

Shawna said...

You crack me up! I can totally see you dancing your little heart out too.

Eliza said...

Rock on sister! That's awesome!