For example, these animals.
I had made the lion a while ago without a face, so I finished him up and made the elephant the night before I was planning on turning my fair stuff in. With the mix up and drama of turning it all in the next day, I had time to make the pig the next night.
This jacket was what I made during last conference. Yes, that was the jacket with all the button drama. See the top one? Its not the same as the others so I put an S sticker on it so they might think it was on purpose :-)
And here is my Second Best in Class winner with the ubiquitous booties behind it (I think the judges might be tired of seeing my booties every year).Remember last year when I told you the best in class winner was a crocheted toddler jumper? Well, I remembered. This was this years attempt at Best In Class. I'm closer with Second (last year I got Third with my booties) but obviously I have to do something even BETTER next year. I will need ideas cuz this year I didn't get a chance to see what won since I was at work and running a race. As I was walking in to the library to pick up my stuff, a huge plastic canvas Halloween house was walking out with a big Best In Class Ribbon but I think that was in a different class.
Um.. I'm not ribbon obsessed, just very observant.
Now you know.
Now here's a quick question. Do you think this is the front of the dress (where they pinned the ribbon)?Or this?
U'd think the buttons up the back would have given it away.
Every year I have this problem with at least one of my items. Those old lady judges have a REALLY hard time with finding the right side of doilies.
Here is the lowest score I've ever gotten (one of the random sewing projects I entered just so I'd have more entries).Mm.. those comments are really informative on how I could do better and get a better score.
And these are the comments I got from the dress. The better the score, the more comments. Doesn't that seem a little backwards?
PS. Here is a very SMALL picture of the front of the Jane Austin era ensemble I turned in (again.. just to get more entries). I'm a little surprised it did better than my quilt cuz I really did a POOR job on the underthings. Hello! no one will see them because they are UNDER things :-). It was my first (and final) attempt last year at creating authentic period clothing.
12 comments:
Great Job Melanie. I LOVE the animals and LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue jacket. Its super cute. are the animals easy to make that would be a fun project to try. And yes I have had some time on my hands and sewing has been fun thanks to all the cute blogs out there. Plus I am using all scrap fabric so i am not having to buy stuff...well for now.
I love all of it. that is rather strange that higher score, more comment. but they were rather nice comments. way to go keep up the good work.
It's because they spent more time looking at it, admiring the intricacy of your stitches, and wondering how they were going to do the same thing in their next projects. :)
I am the owner of an original "crocheted by Melanie S. Helm."
Wow-that is a ton of work! And a ton of amazing work! I think it all looks great:)
Wow Mels you are so talented. But you knew that right, might as well say the sky is blue!
Amazing, Melanie. Wow. See, you are actually doing something productive with your free time. I wish I was doing that. I love the animals and the blue jacket. Great work! Way to go!
All kinds of beautiful stuff. Not sure I agree with the judges, but then my child is practically perfect. Do you think she gets it from her mother?
yay for ribbons. Maybe you could make a quilt out of them. How come you didn't show your quilt? Thats usually the biggest catagory.
Way to go! Next year I'll remember....right?
As usual, I am very impressed with all your projects. Awesome!
You're amazing! I'm impressed you were able to enter in all that stuff with work being so crazy. Good Job!
Is there anything you can't do? I mean seriously an awesome engineer by day, a biker babe by early morning, and a crocheting, sewing, cooking, baking, gardening, and who knows what else, homemaker by night. If I give you a First in Class Ribbon will you take a break? I'm getting exhausted looking at it all. You Rock ! :)
Post a Comment