Things don't always go as planned.
On the way to work Saturday Melanie crashed. She rode to the hospital in style and the firemen took her bike home. Bethanie asked if they were single but Melanie said she forgot to ask for that important info.
This is Melanie in the hospital:

This is Melanie on drugs:

Her elbow took the brunt of the fall and is broken in a couple of pieces (this picture just shows one of the breaks).

Melissa came to the hospital to take pictures and to hold her hand (the non broken one)
I came (Emily) to Vegas to take pictures and use frozen vegies judiciously
Melanie said she is actually not too sore (other then the way broken elbow) today, which is good.

She is keeping up her spirits and is able to keep food down now (thanks VT's for the food).

And her fingers are very swollen and somewhat purple. Her face no longer matches her pillow which is good.

She is way stressed about work since there is so much to do. At least it was her right arm so she can still do stuff. She's going to need surgery so keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I (emily) am so greatful that it wasn't worse cause broken heads are harder to mend.
17 comments:
Mel, I hope that you get better quick. I got the shivers when I saw the xray. Ouch. Did you go in the ambulance? Superman or woman has nothing on you. You will be in my prayers. Get better quick.
Good that it's a Fast Sunday when we can be /or remember to be more diligent with our prayers for you.
I'm glad to see you are looking like you will heal in time.
We love you lots and lots.
Oh my Smell! I am so sorry you crashed and smashed your elbow! I am so happy that you did not smash your noggin! I hope you heal quickly and have lots of drugs to keep you happy. I will be thinking of you.
I've been worried about you and I'm glad that Emily (and you) got this post up.
I think I might have lost some weight today in your honor.
I love my sisters and wish I lived closer so that I could be more helpful. Thank you Emily!
Sure do love you!
Oh no. How did it happen? I am so sorry. That is no fun at all. I hope surgery goes well. When is it? We will definitely think of you and pray for a speedy recovery. Thanks, Emily, for going down there and helping Melanie out! You are the best!
well, you beat me. I haven't had to have surgery on any of my breaks. Also, since you have already broken your head, it was time for something else.
Thinking of you!
I heard about you today at church. I was totally shocked, when I didn't see you during Sunday school I thought lucky girl, probably visiting Emily in UT. Boy was I wrong! I'm so glad to see you've managed to smile through it all. You totally rocked the hospital gown by the way. Wishing you a speedy recovery and stop worrying about work!
Melanie i hope you have a fast recovery. It was nice to kind of talk to you last night I hope those drugs are working good for ya. Take it easy and have a good time with Em.
We are thinking of you and know all will go well with the surgery. Love ya!
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your accident and painful elbow injury. This is not the best way to escape work projects!
I hope all goes well with the surgery and that you are feeling better soon.
Yikes! So sorry to hear about that. Glad you have friends and family that are able to help take care of you.
I agree with Shawna, don't worry about work! Just take it easy and heal fast! Let me know what you need? More books? Puzzles? You can do those one handed.
Thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery.
I'm so sorry Melanie! I guess your body just had to take drastic measures because it needed a break from work. You can tell your coworkers that this accident was all due to too much work!
I somehow missed this post, when something so horrible and momentous happens. Whatever, broken bones are glamourous! You can have all your friends sign your cast! And if you had crutches, you'd be even more cool. This is a little more true when you are seven, but it could be true now....
Oh...I'm soo sorry about your accident! I hope you get better soon and that your elbow heals well. Happy Happy Birthday. We miss you! When I asked Fay what she wanted to do for her birthday - she gave me a list of kids she wanted to invite. Then she paused and asked if adults could come. When I said yes - she said she wanted to invite Melanie and Emily...
OUCH!!! Nathan got skirmish looking at the broken bone. Chocolate and a gifts are on the way!
Sorry to hear about your accident! I'm way behind, I know - haven't checked my blog stuff in months now. Heal fast and happy now! Love, Lizhead ;)
Post a Comment