Many of you know Mauvia used to live in Seattle but recently moved in June or July to Wenatchee, about a 2.5hr drive from Seattle, to start her new career. I had come to visit her and her family in Seattle about 7 or 8 years ago after I graduated from school but hadn't seen her since. I decided I'd try and visit on Saturday.
I probably should have mentioned it to Mauvia.
Oh, we had been texting back and forth and I asked her if could come but wasn't shore if I would have to work or not.
I finally actually called her and left a message Saturday morning. When she called me back asking me what my plan was, I was already almost an hr on the road.
It's a good thing Mauvia is so nice! She said she was excited for me to come.
The drive was beautiful. I passed so many cool bridges I tried to take pictures from my moving car,
which didn't work so well.
So I stopped a couple of times.
Oh right, and those beautiful mountains.
Um... lets try another spot.
There they are!
And the water gushing off the side of the mountains. Man.
This desert girl hadn't seen such a thing in a long time.
I'd read and seen pictures of the mossy trees and green stuff growing everywhere (dare I say Twilight?) but don't remember really seeing it.
It was awesome. And so sunny! I've decided I love the other side of the mountains. Here in Seattle the exciting news was that it was sunny last Wednesday.
And then I saw Mauvia and her family and totally forgot to take any pictures.
Sigh.
Its a good thing she invited me back for a weekend trip.
It was so fun to see her and her family! I didn't want to leave. Bringing an overnight bag would have probably been the height of presumption but when I had to leave I wished I had. It was so fun to catch up. I'm already looking forward to going back.
This weekend the Sorensons are headed to Disney land cuz Tate learned to read. You guys can run but u can't hide!
I'm gonna be here for eight weeks. Plenty of time to head over the mountains again to make some Vitamin D.
8 comments:
Yay for road trips! Glad you are enjoying yourself. At least some of the time, right?? I miss the rain and the humidity. Desert is nice and all but green is fun too!
It was so great to see you! We can't wait to have you back. By the way I am glad you made it back safely! I should have called you I am such a bad friend. See you soon!
Love the Twilight reference:)
Sounds like a fun trip. Hooray for friends you can see anytime and still feel comfortable around!
the area is lovely -- rain will do that ...
when can i vist?
Wow, I like the pictures of the bridges too. When we were in Oregon I always liked seeing the drawbridges. I was really hoping we would get stopped for one-and we did. It was so much fun watching it go up and down! Nobody else really appreciated it though. We saw some other variations of drawbridges too, always fun-but I only saw the one go up and down, maybe I'll see more next time.
Looks like your family had a wonderful Christmas! I really like your idea for Angela's gift-it looked like fun to give and receive.
I am glad you are doing well. It is so amazingly pretty there. I agree, but it does rain a lot.
I miss you even though I had to work last Sunday, 16 hours actually that day. I worked 86 hours last week. Kind of ridiculous. But it will all be over after this week. And I get to go to church this week, so I should see you.
We should get together on Saturday if you are not too busy. Text me. K.
So beautiful! I love all the green and the mountains are o.k. too! I hope you are enjoying your time there.
good job on posting. Your life is much more exciting then mine now... ok my life was never exciting.
Have you seen the ocean? I'm a big fan.
Post a Comment