Well, I was going to put some pictures of Christmas up here but I can't find the cord to my camera. I seemed to have misplaced it. I thought I had taken it with me home but I never saw it there and can't find it here.
Sigh.. But that's not the only thing I left at home.
I don't know why I thought I would bike while at home. Past performance does not guarantee future gains. I had the following against me:
1. I'm a lazy bum.
2. Its very cold to ride a bike in New Mexico... well, compared to Las Vegas.
3. It takes twice as long to get the same amount of exercising biking as it does running.
4. I'm a lazy bum.
5. It snowed later in the week.
6. Jared wasn't there to ride with me.
7. The roads were icy.
8. I'm a very lazy bum.
So I put my bike back in the car from the garage where I had safely placed it when I arrived home. Once I got back to Las Vegas, I unpacked a bike frame, back tire.... pause... um, thats it.
Hard to ride a bike on one wheel.
Here would be a good place to show a picture of the beautiful box Dad made to send the tire home. It is quite the thing! I won't describe it becaue a picture is worth a thousand words and I don't have time to write a thousand words.
But as funny as that is, my next news is even funnier.
Everyone has been asking me about when I'm going to Seattle already.
Oh right. Some of you may not have heard that I was slated to go to Seattle for a couple of months to help with a Design Build Proposal involving a floating bridge.
After Christmas I had decided not to worry about it. I had been stressing and asking my boss if he had heard anything since the middle of November. The answer was always that he would know next week.
I'd given up. It was dumb to stress about something that would probably never happen. Emily and I talked about it last night.
This morning I was asked if I was still willing to go and they needed me there next Monday for a total of 6 weeks. The Seattle office needed Ricky to go up ASAP.
What?
I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed. It's going to be quite an adventure. I'm worried about accommodations, transportation, and arrangements here. My ward has been very supportive and I keep telling myself its only 6 weeks. I shore hope so!
Of I go, into the wild blue yonder! And if I ever find the (or buy another) chord to my camera I will be sure to post beautiful Christmas pictures. If I find any on my camera.
PS. I helped Santa Claus get me a MacBook Air for Christmas which I might or might not have taken with me everywhere in my purse... even to Rancho de Chimayo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow---six weeks! And you leave so soon. Good luck! I hope it's awesome. And I hope you find the cord soon:)
Yay!!! You are coming to Seattle. You will be a meer 2 hours away from me! We will have to get together! Email me your cell number!!!
Hmm... six weeks is a long time in Seattle..... just long enough that I'll be there for part of it. Oo, oo, can I come see you?
We're planning on visiting Seattle on Presidents' Day weekend, more or less.
I told mom that for my birthday if they really loved me, they would fly me to see you! I am so excited for you!
Hey, you are back. (On your blog, I mean.) Wow. That is so exciting you get to go to Seattle! I love that city! So much to explore, so biker friendly! Hopefully you will have your second wheel before you leave! Enjoy the trip!
Yes we do have your camera cord. I asked Dad who it could belong to he said Melanie, and I was sure you wouldn't have left it here a second time?
I'm excited for you I really like Seattle although I've only had small doses. I'm pretty sure you will too.
Take your best pioneering attitude and it will be an adventure to remember.
I am sure it was the mouse. You know how they love cords! Hope you find it. We are excited to have you in Seattle for a short time. We are already planning a trip to see you.
i tried to comment yesterday, but it wouldn't let me ... do you suppose it was worried what i might type?
what an adventure.
there ... that wasn't too bad?
Post a Comment