OK, I do have one funny story but it isn't really specific to Seattle except for the fact I can watch TV while on the treadmill. I walked in to the exercise room and saw that Star Trek Next Gen was on. I recognized the episode right away. That episode ended while I was there and when the next one came on I immediately recognized it. I just might be a little bit of a treky.
I'll probably have something more to post this weekend, hence the quick post about Christmas. I'll post the rest of Christmas tomorrow.
This is doing luminarios (I decided this is the way to spell it. If I spelled it wrong too bad). I LOVE luminarios and I don't care if they are really supposed to be called faralitos. I like luminarios!
First we make them,

It takes a lot of people
a lot of hard work
while some others sit around a table.
It's good we have dedicated helpers.
Thorpe gave what support he could.
A couple of piles of 10 for easy counting.
And of course the annual throwing by Emily so we have a path to walk through (Where's Emily's head?!?!)
The lighting doesn't start until the evening so Bethanie's girls entertained themselves by dressing up (um... a ghost bride? Edwardian maiden?).
Then on to the lighting, the best part of luminarios. FIRE!
Everyone had a helper.
Except Aaron of course didn't need one. Emily had put him in charge of the whole process which he took very seriously... with a little motivational help from his sisters.
Angela had her wheels to help.
Thorpe had to stay in so some part of him wouldn't get singed. He's not very aware of his tail.
Aaron put a guard on Andrew's candle. Little boys aren't very aware of their candles.
Little girls are actually not that much better but at least they drip wax on their helpers and not themselves.
I don't have a final picture but just take my word that it was beautiful. Good job Aaron!
At the end, Emily decided to be a lamp.

It takes a lot of people
7 comments:
Emily being a lamp was definitely the best way to end this lovely post! Too funny...made me giggle!
So exciting that you got great pictures of the whole thing. Thanks for posting. Don't we just have fun!!
That's cool that you walk to work. I sometimes wish I did that...and I wouldn't mind walking in the morning and afternoon, but it would cut my lunch time way down so it doesn't work.
One day i want to go to a helm holiday. I don't care which one it is they always look like so much fun. Oh and aren't Kade's pj's cute I love them too
I love luminarios, too! i brought supplies to dave's parents' house this year, and we made them there. it was their family's first experience with them. i think it's a great way to get everyone together having fun.
luminarios = glow, farjalitos = fire .... hmmm
emily makes a very cute (and pink!) lamp.
ha ha ha hee heee hee :)
This post made me laugh. So happy!
Don't you love being together for Christmas?
Post a Comment