Saturday, January 29, 2011

Soaking up the Sun

I've missed the sun. I really thought the whole Twilight thing was just for literary effect but its true.. its too green. Moss everywhere, even on the tree trunks. We've always made fun of people that pray for moisture (hey look, our prayers are answered.. its moisturizing!) but now I know where they got it. All it did while I was there was moisturize. No serious rain. Just moisture making the sidewalk always damp. Sunny on Wednesdays just doesn't cut it for me.

OK... so it's beautiful in a lush green way, I'm excited to eventually see all the sites (and blog about it), and I know winter isn't necessarily Seattle at its best but I've missed the sun. And brown.

So I'm sitting here in Vegas
soaking it up. After a sleepless night (dumb body thinking its a new place), an early morning bike ride with Melissa, and the rest of the morning filled up with errands and shopping, I decided 2 take a nap.

Um... hello, might be hard to sleep out in the middle of my communities' commons so instead I'm blogging/emailing/surfing. A useful pastime, especially since I can "borrow" a neighbors unlocked Wi Fi. I can sleep when the sun goes down.

A lady in the Seattle temple told me to embrace the rain and called it liquid sunshine. A lofty goal but for now I'll try to get enough sun to last me two more weeks. I'm kinda hoping to get sunburned just a little.

7 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I totally get it. I couldn't move back there without some serious issues. Been away far too long. But guess what? When I first left home and went to BYU eons ago, I actually missed the rain, and was cheered when it did rain. Strange. I am cured now. I agree the sun is nice. Glad you go some for at lest two days.

Miss you even though I don't see you very often. I miss everyone because I have been gone for two weeks also, just gone to work.

txparkinsons said...

...but rain means - read a good book. so, personally, i'm a fan...

Barbaloot said...

Who'd have thought you could miss brown? :)

Jamie Pearson said...

Thank you for sending us some of your warm sunshine I am very grateful.

Eliza said...

Yeah, I'm with barb... missing brown? Not me! I'm glad you got some sun, even if your stay was short and your body didn't recognize its bed.

Unknown said...

When we first moved down here I hated it and thought it was so ugly. Now I can appreciate and even love the unique beauty of the desert. I love the sunshine and warmth and no longer really enjoy the snow and cold. I can't wait for summer again!
Nice that the grass is still green where you are, I'll bet it was nice to sit outside for awhile.

Emily Nice said...

hmm realized that I didn't comment. I would be happy with some more rain here.... but today the sun was out and i got to go on a beautiful winter walk and I appreciated it for sure!