I remembered my jack this time so now I have unlimited internet!... as long as I sit right at the edge of the couch where the chord is.
But now I can blog about my Seattle adventures.
However... first this post is a little story I would like to tell.
On Saturday evening I went to sign in to Southwest for my Sunday flight back to Seattle. It wouldn't let me. I was very confused and getting a bit upset until I realized I had gotten a ticket forMarch 13th instead of Feb 13th.
Um..
In my defense, the days of the week have the same number in March and Feb.
I was already having a really hard time with the fact that I had to go back to Seattle, especially since I knew I wasn't coming back to Vegas for at least 5 weeks.
After some storming around, which didn't help much, I immediately called Southwest to get my ticket changed. After the agent mocked me by asking "how does that happen?" he changed my flight to the next available one. It left after 9pm Sunday night and got in just before midnight.
I then called Enterprise to reserve a car.
Oh wait, they close at 11pm. After being transferred a couple of times, the last lady sent me over to Alamo who is open 24 hrs. Did you know it costs twice as much to rent from Alamo as Enterprise? Needless to say I declined.
After a little more storming about, I remembered that Paul (an engineer from Denver) had taken a taxi from the Airport. I called and made reservations to be picked up from a service with towncar in its name since that's what I remembered from talking to Paul.
Can I just tell you that taking a Taxi is the way to go? Man, it was nice. I got off the plane, called to tell them I had arrived, waited a few minutes, the nice man put my luggage in the trunk, and I was in Bellevue in 25 minutes. I LOVE taxis! Well, town car pick up services.
Of course it helps that the company paid for it.
But I've decided when I am independently wealthy I'm definitely going to get myself a driver. Its awesome.
The moral of this story? Always check to make sure you have the right date when booking tickets.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
was the ride comfy? Did you tip? The only taxis I ever took was in Taiwan on a couple of occassions which is probably different from your expereince? I'm glad you are able to access the internet and didn't leave anything at home. Do you have MOnday off?
I am glad you made it back safe. I noticed that the days are the same in March and February. Kind of strange, does that happen often? And getting the ticket for the wrong month sounds like something I would totally do, except I wouldn't have realized it until I got to the airport.
Can't wait to see more of your posts. Glad you made it back and that you remembered everything.
Do people still have jacks for internet service...? Anyway. Glad you made it back. I've had to do some switching with Southwest before. At least they're good about it, right?
Man that sucks! About the ticket I mean. Good luck with the whole driver thing.
nice to know you're human ... and towncar's rock!
Post a Comment