Monday, August 25, 2008

Email from the race Directors

Today I got an email from the Kokapelli triathlon people telling us that Sept 1st is the last day to sign up for the "Elite Wave" which will go 5 minutes before the other waves. Does that make anyone else nervous for me? Apparently this triathlon has become much bigger than 2 years ago when I watched Melissa run in it (Emily was there but she spent most of her time in the hospital with Sarah... a totally different story). We were rained out last year so I only got to do the swim and Melissa had been on her bike for all of 10 minutes when they turned her around. This is why I am doing it again... discount this year for those who were rained out. Anyway... I brought up last year because Melissa told me that was the first year they seperated us by number. I'm also starting to get VERY nervous cuz I am so not where I was last year. I'm not too keen on getting back on my bike since the whole heat exaustion episode (another story) so I swam Saturday afternoon. Then... Saturday night I had a craving for Wendys. I told myself I couldn't go since I had gone to Jack-in-the-Box for lunch (I limit myself to going out to eat once a week... if I increase that goal, I'll eat out 20 times a week. If I decrease that goal I'll eat out 20 times a week... so I think I'll stick with once a week. 'Course, when family comes into town that gets thrown out the window). Then I decided I could go but first I'd have to run. So 10:30pm I got on the treadmill in our little community center. By 11:30 I shore didn't feel like eating anything, much less Wendys so I went to bed. You might want to try this sometime to stop cravings. It seems to work for me.

One more story. I've been having a harder and harder time getting out of bed in the morning (staying up until midnight reading books might have something to do with it, but I think I need to do a few more tests to make sure). This morning I rolled out of bed pretty late (still got to work by 8! 'course, I'm supposed to be here at 7:30) so I just pulled on my clothes and went. When I went to the bathroom later in the day, I looked at myself in the mirror. My shirt was so wrinkled it looked like it had been sitting in a hamper (which it hadn't!! It was hung in my closet!).There was nothing I could do at that point, so I just let it ride. And I wonder why they haven't taken me out to meet clients.

PS.. yes, I compete under the Athena label. You think I'm gonna run with those tall etheopian looking ladies driving suburu's with kayaks strapped to the top? Not in this age bracket.

9 comments:

Bethanie said...

I have been having a hard time getting up, but that is because I am in a down time. It is amazing what hormons can do to you. make you sleep all the time and have no engery to can't sleep because you have too much energy. Maybe you will be up for your meet?
By that way, I like reading your blog. And you thought you would be boring!!!

Sorensen said...

I love your stories Mels. Good luck with the training. If you are trying to quite fast food watch Super Size Me. It worked for me!

Bethanie said...

Ha! I'm writing something else so that you think you got something interesting. HA HA!

Bethanie said...

shkejh gjteg geggty otuytion ghetopy blahhhme!
(dragon again)

hey?! I think the word verification is in a dragon but their spelling is way off. Misssing the whole back of the throat growl.
gkxqqr- see what I mean?

Bethanie said...

At least WE think WE are funny!!

Smart Helm said...

WE ARE FUNNY!! Just a little reminder world..

Shawna said...

So let me get this straight...instead of eating out you decided to work out??? You are SO not normal in case you were wondering. Love the blog keep it up!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Curses, Shawna beat me to post on your blog. Thats OK, not that it is a competition or anything.

First of all let me say "HIP HIP HOORAY!" for starting a blog. I love the stories that make up your life.

Second of all, who really cares about these Kopekelli people anyway. They are not God or anything right? In my humble opinion, just the fact that you are competing in this thing in the first place, puts you ahead of about 90% of the human race. Quit looking at the front of the line. Look at all of us bums at the back, riding the couch to the next life. I want no more of this negative thinking/talk. Talk to the hand. And anyway it is a cognitive distortion, if you know what that is, so pay it no never mind.

And third of all, go you and your self control and restraint. Plus isn't there good stuff to eat at Wendy's. I love their salads, yum. Of course it probably doesn't count because I always order an extra dressing packet. lol. :)

Have a great day, with no heat exhaustion. In about a month or two the heat will be over.

Unknown said...

wow, you made me want a frosty really bad. I haven't eaten at Wendy's since i got food poisoning off of my main food staple there: Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger (ugh, still makes me feel sick just typing it).
I too have been having a lot of difficulty getting up in the mornings. No matter if i go to bed at 9 or 11 or later, still the same story. I was thinking it was the lack of exercise. Let me know if you find anything out about your magnetic-bed-syndrome.