I have a grease pencil here at work. And its YELLOW! Does life get any better than this? I use it when marking up drawings. Yellow means I checked it and its right. Red is for mistakes or comments, green is comments from the original designer and blue means its been fixed by the drafter. Just some background, and as my Mia Maids know, background is very important.
I love my grease pencil. I discovered you can write on anything with a grease pencil. Cubicles, books, computers, doors, lintels, people. I have to admit its not a full grease pencil, I think its actually only partly a grease pencil cuz its not that soft. It says "China Marker" on the side. Perhaps I shoulduv done some research on the internet before calling it a grease pencil. Oh well. Its my blog.
The best part of a grease pencil is that when you get to the point that on a normal pencil you would need to use a sharpener, you just slowely peel a small strip of paper around and around until u get to the top. Then you have another 1/4in of pencil to work with. And that's not the end.. the small strip is PERFORATED! I love perforation. When I was young and went through the stage of giving coupon books for presents that all children seem to go through, they were all perforated. What could be more fun than making paper rip along a straight line? Ah.. the joys.
PS.. Yes, this was written at work... I was afraid this would happen, but it IS lunch time!
5 comments:
I love your blog!
ghtfeyrry gheoru fhowo pencilgrrr.
"dragon- I think I would like to eat your greasy pencil)
I had to type in csdgywbz. not sure what it means. They don't seem to have a translation?
Yea, for the simple joys of life, like perforations. And thank you for pointing out the joys of grease pencils. I have seen them, but I do not know if I actually ever had one. I need to get one for my scriptures. Every week when I am at institute, I pull out my trusty red pencil, and alas it needs to be sharpened. So I say to my self "self go home and sharpen that pencil" But you know I am plagued with sieve for brainitis, so it never happens. And I am doomed to repeat the cycle again the next week. A grease pencil would totally solve this vortex of pain I am currently involved in. Thanks for the useful life tip.
And hey I think you should be able to blog during lunch. And then if you have to check back for clever comments from your brilliant friends, well that should be allowed also. Because what about the smoker people. Sure they get to take extra breaks because they are addicted to nicotine, but what about us with a blogging addiction, where is our extra break time to feed our addcition? Well I know no one ever said life would be fair, but why not, is what I want to know. Now go back to work. Addiction break over. :)
PS, It is fine if your family reads my blog. The more the merrier I always say. And I finally got you added to my blog roll, yea me.
Oh Mels,
You are so awesome, as you well know. I love reading your ponderings on life and perforations. Some pics would be nice (hint hint).
I thought of you today while I was helping my son, Kyle, study for his science quiz. He had to study the items they will be using in the science lab and one of those items was a wax pencil. I think it is the same as a grease pencil. Anyway, thought of you and laughed. Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment