The other evening I was thinking about my friend Birgit who moved to Boston last week and was a little worried 'cuz I hadn't heard from her for a bit. I was used to seeing her on-line every day on messenger and usually doing something with her and her husband and their baby Elliot over the weekends. True, she hadn't been on-line while they took the 5 day trip (can u imagine being in a car for 5 days with a baby who turns into a crying concrete bridge when trying to put him into the car seat? I go crazy just thinking about it), but she had texted me a couple of times with updates and pictures. (that was all background)
I texted her to see how she was doing. I got a very nice text back with a picture of her baby sleeping and telling me she would send an email out in a day or two. I realized with that picture that I had forgotten the 3 hr time difference and that it was way past polite texting time! I thought that was a very nice way of reminding me. Of course, she may not have thought of it that way, but I will have to remember that for future reference.
For those of u who would like to know, she sent out an email yesterday saying she was doing fine, had settled in and the apartment was getting fixed as needed. She is looking for work where she can take Elliot with her and her husband is enjoying riding his bike to school. Wonder how long that will last with the snow and ice of winter! I was impressed with how calm she was when she said that some of their possessions were broken "beyond repair" when they emptied out the moving truck. I am rather stuff oriented so I would have been much more.... animated! But I shore was happy to hear from her... I hope all continues well!!
BTW Birgit... I'm waiting for pictures. Start a blog! Everyone else is doing it.... Once won't hurt... Everyone will know, but that's OK... U know you'll like it.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Howdy Melanie!
You crack me up. I really needed something to laugh about today, and I was fortunate to read about your blog on Bethanie's. I'll be stopping by for more laughs in the future-your so happy.
At least you know how to text, and that is kind of the beauty of texting, it is a way to see if people are busy or sleeping without the annoying ringing of the phone. Glad your friend is surviving. Moving is about the worst thing that can happen to anyone in my humble opinion.
I love you! You are my biggest fan!!!!!!
Melanie, I love your blog because you update it! Just want to encourage you to keep it up! BTW you could put pictures in it too...if you wanted.
Also- I thought You were MY biggest fan (even though everyone knows Bethanie is the favorite unless Mandy is around)
Post a Comment