Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friday adventures sort of

I got up Friday morning ready to blog and apparently dial up doesn't like blogging! I couldn't get it to load the page where I put in a new post... sigh.. I suppose I need to go to something other than dial-up. It just never really mattered before 'cuz if I needed something I could look it up at work or I could do what I needed at home, just have to wait a while for pages to load. However, Melissa told me about cox cable internet and how I wouldn't get cable TV with it. I know cable TV would be a VERY bad thing for me. I would watch it!

Anyway, I went to Brother Peck's funeral friday morning. This is the husband of the lady I blogged about earlier. There were many people there from the ward to support the family and I was impressed with the services. I learned alot about Brother Peck and the love of learning and great spirit he is. I had offered any help I could give earlierand was told to come (one of the reasons I decided to take off work was that there had been quite a few emails asking for assistance through the Relief Society), but I was too late. This ward is one of the most friendly and loving ward I've been in ('cepting my family home ward in NewMexico of course!). Such wonderful examples.

On the positive side of coming home right after the funeral, I was able to pack and get things cleaned up at my house before going to to Provo for the long weekend! I didn't want to come home to a big stink. Who is this person that doesn't put their dishes in the dishwasher or leaves their shoes, swimming towel, and work out clothes all over the living room?

Now I am here in Provo with Emily and I'm sure my whole family is jealous. Emily's garden is GEORGEOUS! I've given up on my garden (if u can call dead plants sitting in the dirt a garden)... I'll give u the details of the weekend next blog. Right now we are going to lunch. Yum.

1 comment:

Montana at the Helm said...

I am very jealous of Emily's garden and of you getting to eat food out of her garden. Some day I will get to have a garden, some day..........