Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chrocheting Decision

In the last few weeks, I've given away 3 girl blankets (before that, it was all boy blankets), two of which came up rather sudden.

My stash is seriously depleted in the pink department. I'm thinking my new goal needs to keep at least 2 blankets of each flavor on hand.

So I started this:Yellow. I love yellow.

I know, I know, it's pretty 70's and not at all pink or blue, but I'm trying to use up the blankets I already have edged as well as using up this:which doesn't even count the drawer underneath full of sparkly thread I bought when I was doing all those angels and snowflakes.

I might have mentioned before that yellow is my favorite color.

I did start another one of these: which will give me one pink blanket. I have already made one with the other half of this flannel but forgot to take a picture before I gave it away. It turned out really cute... if I do say so myself, but u'll have to take my word for it.

But in order to keep my goal I should really undo the yellow edging of the white one and go for pink.

Otherwise it will just add to this: My pile of random blankets and useless baby layettes and hats that sit in my closet gathering dust... which are mostly yellow.

But I really like yellow and think that bold golden color will look cool on the white blanket.

But then there will be no one to give it away to and the whole point of making these things is recieving the accolades and thank you notes.

But I won't have to buy any more pink thread for a couple of days.

But it will probably take me a while to finish because I will be sad I'm not doing yellow.

I like yellow.

Decisions, decisions.

9 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

The yellow is awesome! and I think green is just as cool. YOu can give yellow to anyone so that is fun you should be giving the yellow around left and right. I want to try to crochet a hat and use it for pictures but well thats not going to happen anytime soon. Maybe I'll send a picture to you and see what you think and then I'll pay you for one....hmmm what do you think

Montana at the Helm said...

If you haven't heard from Sarah yet about the baby things you sent her you will soon. She was gushing over them when I talked to her on the phone. And they never get packages at their house so it sent shock waves through the house when the UPS guy came to their house. The boys thought it was awesome! You made their day.

Barbaloot said...

What a fun pile of yarn and crafty stuff. I'm always vacillating back and forth between crocheting lots and hating crocheting. Right now, I'm in the hating camp.

Kara said...

Definitely stick with the yellow. It think it's great! Of course, yellow is my favorite color too--- Kelly and I just can't get away from yellow and green in our house, even when we try!

My aunt came to visit about a year ago and the first thing she said was, "how did you find so many yellow things?!" (including our couches)

Unknown said...

did you know that yellow makes babies cry more? (dunno about proof of that...) Something about it being a complicated color for their brains to process. Good news! your brain loves processing complicated colors!
I made a bright yellow hooded towel for our baby :)
do you know of a tutorial on how to do the edging of flannel stuff like that? i have some flannel stuff i want to do that to.

helmhq said...

Pretty stuff. I love yellow too and so my babies all had a lot of it. I liked it because you can pass it down regardless of the "flavor".

txparkinsons said...

..what does one do with the yarn and crochet leftovers?

idk.

i like green.

Gage said...

I was thinking of good yellow things and all I could come up with were the sun and yellow M&Ms(they taste the best). I'm not sure eggnog falls in the yellow category, but I like that too.

Emily Nice said...

I agree that you could give the yellow blanket to either or, of course you could always ask the person if they had a preference in case you felt guilty. I say especially for babies that aren't firsts they might like something that is really recognizable as theirs!

I think your crocheting is wonderful.