Sunday, October 10, 2010

No Crashing

I went on a 50 mile bike ride and didn't crash!!

YA!!! I'm so happy!

Remember last year on the RTC ride?

My coworkers were way impressed too of course. They kept telling me good job on not crashing and I'm sure I'll hear all about it from those that weren't there on Monday.

BTW, both crashes happened when I was wearing this jersey. Which is now in the trash. OK, that picture was totally staged. One of my coworkers wants it, although if my friends and family want to crash.. they can have first dibs.

I'm too paranoid to wear it ever again. The sports bra is toast too, although that is long gone cuz I had to cut the straps to get it off over the cast.

TMI, Jared?

Dang it, apparently I didn't save the picture I took with my phone at the beginning of the ride.

But I did take a picture of all the dirt I aquired from biking. I also have bike tracks all down the back of my legs but didn't notice that until the shower.

How do I always get so dirty?

But here is the kicker.

After the ride, All the little 23 milers (wimps) had eaten and were leaving so I was pretty much alone since the only other coworker on the 50 miler that beat me left (he said only by 15 minutes but I don't believe him cuz he had already eaten when I finished... but I still tell everyone 15 minutes). I did beat the boss though. He came in just after I put my bike away and finished eating.. so I'm sure like um.. 15 minutes or so.

So I got my free picture taken at one of the booths.
Whoa.. lets just crop that picture.
Much better.

They took group photographs before. I shore hope that happened on the bike. That's what I get for wearing shorts over my spandex. Sigh.

Then I took a nap and had pizza with Mandy and kids who were stopping at the Mel hotel on their way to Utah. And Kimball fell asleep like this.
The end.

PS. My dumb elbow was stiff and sore after I got home and had my nap... even more so than after I first went swimming after the accident. How weird is that? I'm kinda mad at it. The legs did all the work so I think my arm is just looking for sympathy.

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hee hee hee. I giggle at that picture, and even more so at your posting it on the internet. :)

Sarah Jarvis said...

Nice work, Melanie! 50 miles! Impressive! And you did it all by yourself? Was it a race or just something your company put on for all the employees? Either way, you are awesome! No way would I wear that jersey again either! Hope it brings more luck to the next owner!
Thanks for giving Mandy a break on her way! I am sure she really needed it! Can't believe she was going that far with that many kids by herself! Brave woman! ust like her cousin!

helmhq said...

I would bet your arm was sore because it was worried it might bet bumped. That is quite a ride just 4 months after surgery.

We are very proud of you. I'm glad some of the family are keeping fit. Wish we were.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Did you ride your bike over the new bridge at hoover dam?

In any event congratulations.

Sorensen said...

Much prefer the cropped photo! You are so silly! When do we get to stay at the Mel hotel?

Melissa Bunn said...

Way to go!! Did you meet any nice bikers? Maybe next year I'll join you.

Jared said...

mostly no comment,
waiting for you to come ride with me and Gage.

Eliza said...

I think you are amazing and that your arm just had phantom pains.

I think I need a nap just thinking about biking 50 miles.

txparkinsons said...

definitely sympathy pains .. i'm having some right now ... think i'll be napping soon as well ...

Montana at the Helm said...

Gage keeps talking about the 100 mile ride he will take with you when he learns to ride a bike. He seems to be trying to convince me that I would want to come too. The picture of Kimball perfectly describes how I feel about riding a 100 miles!

Jamie Pearson said...

Good Job! SO about the garage sales we just went to a bunch of different ones. My friend says you always ask half of what they want....now that is sometimes hard but worth the try. WE aslo went and I didn't have anything in paticular that I was looking for and thats when I tend to find the best stuff. Take Melissa with you its so much fun