Tuesday, May 5, 2009

After Sewing comes... Chrocheting of Course

I guess I really do like to crochet. Sometimes I forget. I now get invited to baby showers in the ward because of my wonderful crocheting items. Well.... it might also be that I have awesome VTs that take good care of me, but I like to think it is because of my prowess at crocheting.

Friday I went to a baby shower 20 minutes late because I was trying to finish up the blanket and booties. As it was, the blanket was still a little damp and I spent the first 15 minutes there finishing up the ONE pair of booties I had gotten finished.

Here is a picture (high tech wrapping I know. I blame it on the economy).
I actually like this pattern, after I kinda fixed it from the original pattern by adding chains and another row, and it was pretty quick and easy to do (the initial punching is what takes time in these types of blankets). I think I might actually do this pattern again.

Since then, I've been working on increasing my stash. Everyone seems to be having boys lately so I've run out of blue items (hence the frantic trying to to get a blanket and booties done for Friday).

I also finished the last 2 dresses for my VTee. She was so excited to get them! Makes me so happy that I could do that for her... And I think they are a little less ugly since she thinks they are gorgeous. (Hey, its what SHE said). In thanks, she gave me a framed picture of the Trek. Mm.. I need to take a picture of it! She said she looked through all her 600 pictures (she was the photographer for the activity) and could only find ONE that had me pulling the cart. I told her it was because I wanted the kids to have the experience of pulling. I'm giving like that :-)

Here is that big dress. The light pink ribbon was all I had of the fat ribbon variety.




And here is the back. I have 2 packs of what I thought was random sizes and colors of buttons from Walmart. Turns out each size is a color.I'm kinda upset about it cuz I needed pink buttons but wanted a bigger size. Oh well. I guess u get what u paid for :-)

This purple dress (created with a D hook, for those of u who care) I think is now my favorite pattern of them all. Of course I fixed the sleeves to what I like and created a neckline to match the bottom of the dress.I think I did a great job.As a final note... after the Trek it hurt quite a bit to kneel. On Saturday when I got into my biking outfit I found out why.Look at those bruises (the camera washes them out)! Sad thing is.. I don't know how I got them!

PS... Its my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

8 comments:

Angela said...

Its also my moms! Nice bruises and I think your crocheting is awesome!

Jamie Pearson said...

Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuuuu!!! Those are cute dresses maybe one day when I have a girl you can make one for me. I love the bruises and I think its funny you don't know how you go them. Are you sleep walking?

Melisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

You are so talented. I pretend to crochet, but your skills would leave me in the dust. Awesome!

Emily Nice said...

i already told you happy birthday twice, but since I didn't send you anything, I will say it again. Happy birthday!

I like the crocheting. You are awesome! i saw a crocheted temple dress, maybe you could make me one :)

Eliza said...

Those dresses are adorable! You are soooo talented!


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

TisforTonya said...

had to pop over from NHC to wish you a happy birthday - and I find out that you're one of those "so talented you make me hang my head in shame" types of people - beautiful... really!

I frequently get "mystery bruising" and quite enjoy making up creative and bizarre excuses for the blemishes!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

T that is so funny to make up excuses for bruises. I also am a victum of random bruising, but I think it is just because I am a clutz.

Mel, I was at activity days yesterday at sis peterson's and she showed off your handiwork to me in person. Can I just say the pictures do not do it justice? The yarn is so soft. They are to DIE for I tell ya.

Hope your birthday is especially great.

Montana at the Helm said...

So beautiful! I'm impressed once again.

The picture of the bruised knees is very unpleasant because it creates sympathy pains in my legs.