I am so sad. I'd had that phone for 4 years. It had served me well. I should take a picture of it, but I'm so sad I don't feel like it. My new phone is nice, but it's not my old phone. It was a Motorola flip phone with a big screen.
Sigh.
I got a Samsung Sway because I liked the big screen. I haven't decided if I like the slider, but the screens were tiny on the flip phones.
This morning I took the Chinese charm off my old phone to put on my new one and almost cried.
Big Sigh.
I'm also in the process of trying to get all the data off my old phone. The little Verizon Branch by my work couldn't pull the data off so I'm gonna try a bigger store closer to my home that has a service department. As it is, I can get the screen to work for a few seconds after the phone is turned off for 5 hours. Right now I've got the phone numbers up to "D" in my contacts list.
I MISS MY OLD PHONE!
OK, so I'll show a couple pictures of the bridge I inspected cuz I want you to know how slippery those rocks are. And maybe it will help the mourning process.
I fell down trying to get down the slope at the other abutment(didn't get a picture of it of course cuz I was WORKING) and scraped my hands. What did Arvid do? Walked off to find a different way down since my way obviously didn't work. He's so helpful. I had a hard time getting back up without avalanching myself down the slope. I might have slipped a couple more times but not as bad as that first tumble.Here is the best picture of me holding the tape measure. I'd wish I could have gotten a picture of me in my snazzy bright orange and yellow jacket that Arvid made me wear (I didn't put it on until I saw he had his on), but I didn't think I should ask Arvid to take one of me. Probably not very professional.... 
...although when I was out on inspection with my old boss, he asked me to take a picture of him working so he could put it on his profile on one of those matchmaking sites. Really.. I'm SERIOUS! That's exactly what he said.
Sigh.. Blogging didn't help. Still mourning.
My poor old phone. I'm not good with change.
9 comments:
I'm so sorry about your phone. I really hate change too. I"m sure you could ask one of the teenagers at church to transfer all your data, they are cool like that. Then maybe you wouldn't miss your phone so much.
my phone is dying too :( not as suddenly though, and mostly just because I drop it a lot. I have the LG chocolate, which isn't made any more. The stupid new chocolates are...well...stupid. I know how you feel about trying to get the stuff off your phone though. My last phone was run over by a car. :( I thought it'd be safe on a lawn...apparently not.
Sorry about your phone. Loved the story about your old boss. Did he give you a manly pose? HA HA! I have a funny picture in my head. Hope you get everything done!!
WV: Nessi. Maybe it's a sign I need to read Twilight again?
sorry about your loss. I still miss my old phone but its nice that this one takes pictures. glad you didn't get hurt when you fell.
So is the bridge ok or is it broken?
It's so hard to get comfortable with something new, especially when it doesn't do everything the old one did. Oh well, I'm sure it probably does something that the old one didn't do.
Hope the bridge is OK or that you know how to fix the problem.
Are people driving on that bridge?
Sooooo sorry for your loss.
Maybe we could hold a memorial service and you could crochet a nice thing to wrap it up in and then we could burry it in your yard.
I think it could make an awesome blog post.
But seriously I feel your pain, getting a new phone is not fun at all.
I'm on the verge of getting a new phone too and I like mine but the batter does not last very long anymore. Sorry about the fall hope your scrapes are better.
So sorry for the loss of your phone. I don't mind getting a new phone, I just hate having to re-learn how to do everything... I make Richard do it usually. The comment about your boss made me laugh out loud-how cool that you have a snazzy orange jacket-do you have a hard hat too? Charley has a neat Handy Manny one that she sometimes makes me wear.
Post a Comment