Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A true Speed Zone

As I was driving to Provo I was startled out of my "talking on the cell phone to my mother" revere by this:
What the!?!? What is going on here? Has the universe suddenly gone bonkers? EIGHTY MILES AN HOUR ON THE HIGHWAY?!?

I waited and watched to see if I was going crazy when I saw this:
Ah.. I am not going crazy. Apparently they are doing a couple test sections between Beaver and Nephi where the speed limit is increased. This is the first sign I missed:
I don't know what they are testing. Accidents? I bet they still happen. Speeding cars? I'm certain they still happen. I know it didn't change my behavior much :-)
The title of this post refers to when I was little and very confused about"Speed Zone Ahead" road signs. Why would there be a sign that TELLS u to speed?
And then there was the "Congested Area Ahead". I really thought everyone was sick.

8 comments:

Gage said...

Yeeee haaaa, here's hoping for the test to go well.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Hurray for the 80 test zone. That means I can go 90 during those parts. I wish all of it would change. We could get there so much faster. Her miss engineer, how much faster could we get to Provo if we go 90 instead of 75? Just wondering.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I meant to say hey instead of her. sorry.

Smart Helm said...

I understood... I am an engineer after all :-)

And to answer ur question... if u assume 400 miles to Provo, it takes 5 hrs and 20 minutes at 75mph... and only 4hrs and 27 minutes at 90mph. You would save 53 minutes!

And now u know.

helmhq said...

I'm not so sure I think this new higher speed limit is a good idea with you and your friends!! Especially if my compliant self was driving in the same area? Especially being the pokey little grandma I am.

txparkinsons said...

no one needs to go faster than 80 ...think about it ... still .. .it would be nice if 80 was not consider speeding!

Sarah Jarvis said...

I saw it too on our way back from St george. I thought it was great. Of course, being the German I am, I wish there was NO speed limit and everyone was still driving safe, just really really fast. Anyway, 80 is a start.

Eliza said...

Sounds great! I think that speeding through the boring desert sounds good.