Friday, August 7, 2009

3 things I learned at the Swimming Pool Last Night

1. A Speedo is not appropriate swimwear for a guy at a public pool.

2. A Speedo is NEVER appropriate swimwear for an older man at a public pool.

3. A Speedo is NEVER EVER appropriate swimwear for a heavyset man at a public pool.

The only appropriate time for a speedo is at a swim meet or the Olympics. And even then its questionable cuz they have those cool jammers (long leggings) that make you go way fast.

A final question: Why oh why do the speedo wearers pick the lanes on either side of ME?!?!?

8 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Maybe you will have to master swimming with your eyes closed!

Sarah Jarvis said...

You had better never go to Europe. They love things and not just for lap swimming. Luckily, he was not IN your lane. :-)

Unknown said...

I agree, the link below is a guy we saw in Budapest at a Turkish bath *shudder*

http://picasaweb.google.com/shebass/Budapest#5097193420556380098

Jamie Pearson said...

Why are you looking???

Bethanie said...

HA HA! You are so funny! Yep, I don't like seeing people in those either.

txparkinsons said...

they swim by you because yer so cute! duh! and too nice to tell them how dumb they look!

loves!

Barbaloot said...

Are they really called jammers? Cuz that's cool?

I always seem to notice at public pools that larger women weare the bikinis while the women who could pull off a bikini are all covered up. hmmm.

Unknown said...

So sorry, I hate that kind of stuff. I find it quite traumatic...