Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Survived

Yes, I survived Girls Camp up at Mount Charleston.

OK, so I just went up Friday afternoon and left early Saturday morning to ride my bike down the mountain but I can still say I did it.

Its my blog, and I set the rules.

Sitting up late after testimony meeting avoiding hugs, singing "Bill Groghans Goat", "I had a Rooster", "My Countries Sick of Me", "Alice, where are you Going?", and telling all my (VERY FUNNY) elephant jokes COUNTS.. even if it is just for one night and you don't stick around to help clean up the next day.

In fact... I'd say its the best way to experience Girls Camp.

That, and the fact that I had Sister Holly Steed there to talk to all afternoon about books, songs, and generally anything that came into my head as well as drive my car back so I could ride my bike. I must say, that's true friendship.

Oh yes, and getting to celebrate loudly in the dining pavilion after winning an arm wrestling match. True, my YW president pointed out that my opponent was only 13, but I take my wins as I can get them. Generally if someone is willing to arm wrestle, it means I'm gonna lose.

I like elephant jokes.

Unfortunately earplugs don't drown out hyper screaming girls... or the bishop sawing away at LARGE logs in his tent. I am also getting old and don't recover as quickly as I used to from lying all night on a skinny little camping pad... in the cold... with at most 2 hours of sleep (see above sentence regarding hyper girls and sawing bishops). The half an hour walk packing my bike out to the paved road didn't help much either.

My whole body was still sore on Monday.

It couldn't have been the 2 hour bike ride to my house cuz I've been doing that much every Saturday morning with Melissa for the last couple months.

And to top it off, I never pulled out my camera! Yes, Girls Camp was that memorable.

So you get a picture of my tomatoes. I finally decided they weren't going to get any redder on dead plants so I picked them all and will make spaghetti sauce.
So, to bring this random post all together: I survived, unlike the poor dead plants these tomatoes came off of.

7 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Can you see how jealous I am? I am a very dark shade of green.

Glad you had so much fun. Maybe next year I will get to go.

Sorensen said...

Hey, you should publish some of your elephant jokes. I bet Zoe would love them!

Emily Nice said...

too bad you couldn't plug in a fan to cover up the noisy girls. Hope you have since recovered! I always liked girls camp, not sure how spiritual your contribution was after the testimony meeting :)

txparkinsons said...

ear plugs ...

Eliza said...

I bet your jokes were hilarious and your tomotoes look great!

Bethanie said...

Few, glad you didn't crash and die. If you had then I would be really sad and have to take more meds. I just had to say that because everyone else said what I was thinking. Talk to you friday!

The Metge Family said...

Tomatoes are usually better looking than week-long campers.