Monday, August 31, 2009

Changes and More Changes

I'm sure most of u have heard me whine and complain about this already, but too bad.

I don't do well with change. Never have. Never will. And you can't change that.

We are "temporarily" (2 years) moving to the project office next week for this big design build.
1 - There will be 3 people to an office (a little crowded.. where will I put my stuff?).
2 - I was originally told I'd still have my cubicle here but apparently that is no longer the case.
3 - There is not enough parking at the new office for everyone and they have no plans to fix it.
4 - We won't have access to my companies servers anymore.
5 - I just burned my mouth on chicken pizza I had for lunch.
6 - We have to go to 8-5's.
7 - One of the lady Engineers told us to be careful leaving at night cuz the new office is in a seedy area.

#6 is what chaps my hide. I have always had Friday afternoon off (9 hour days, half day on Fridays). Now I can't talk 2 Bethanie for 3 hours and have lunch with Melissa and go to the library.

And what will I do with my sticker collection? I already started afresh when we moved HERE.
Don't explain that Melissa and Bethanie still exist at other times during the week or that the company is paying me so they get to decide or that I should be grateful to even HAVE a job. I am complaining here!

When I whined one more time to Arvid "I don't wanna move!", He responded with "Do you want to keep ur job?"

At that point I almost said NO. Instead I said "Yes, but I wanna whine!". Then I didn't whine at him anymore, just my family and friends. It takes a lot of work to be my friend.

Then, to top it all off.... On Sunday, this man-- (the Bishop) decided to change things up on me even more and take my Mia Maid advisor away. The most loving and competent Sis. Senecal.

And to think, just last week I was happily hiking with him and the rest of the crew.Shore, he gave an excellent lesson on Sunday and a great spiritual thought up on the mountain, but he's not on my good side right now. Happy carefree days of yore collecting branches, sticks, and pine cones... Will it ever be so again?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

in response to your comment: Well, for one thing, we camped by wards, and we ate with our wards, where as in SF, we got to know the other girls in the stake better because we camped by year, and ate all together as a stake for every meal. Also, they had weird songs that they had made up (trying to be like efy), and didn't sing many fun "camp" songs. Also, they gave us an hour of "ward time" at the end of the night before "lights out", so there was never enough time to make a bon fire to roast marshmallows and have fun burning things. There was only ever enough time to just get ready for bed and that's it.

Bethanie said...

What the?!?! Did you get a new calling? If not maybe the Lord is telling you to move out here to WI so that you can live by me. RIGHT...? right? ok I'm reading the signs I'll move if you'll move. Pick a place and I'm there!

Jamie Pearson said...

Oh I'm sorry you are having a hard day. Just think now you can get more exercise riding your bike to work and then you wont have to worry about parking and it doesn't got dark at 5 so you will still have time to ride home =)

Anonymous said...

Those are some good reasons to start looking for other job opportunities. The fact that they don't want to address the lack of parking in a seedy area shows a greedy, big wig corporate business thinking only of money. Sorry you have to be part of one of those types for right now.

Continuing down your list of 'whine' I wouldn't want to work for the company anymore made my jaw drop further and further. I'm soooo sad that you lost your Friday afternoons.

There must be a lesson to learn from this somewhere, right? When you figure it out let me know.

best of luck, B

Emily Nice said...

So how is this supposed to save money? its not going to increase productivity... cramped quarters and unhappy people does not productive workers make.

need more info on the calling issue before I can appropriately comiserate.

Melisa said...

Vent all you want! I would be frustrated too!

Eliza said...

Yucky about the Fridays!!!!

Sorry about Sis. Senecal, but not really cuz, I got her in primary!!! Yeah for me!

Montana at the Helm said...

I hope it was good therapy to write out all your frustrations. They say it is suppose to help. Did it?

Patterson Family said...

Ya know... I really quite like our Bishop. He seems to be in tune with the spirit and I'm sure these calling changes will work out for everyone.

Love the Bishop (smile)

PS Keep up the good work Sister Helm!!