Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hair Care

One of the problems of living alone is the absence of the free trim.

So I decided to cut my hair myself.

OK, so I do have visitors every once in a while and I meant to ask them to help me out, but I was too busy talking about other aspects of my their lives.

I finally got tired of it the night before Stake Conference.

Here is my hair in all its glory in the downstairs bathroom.

Oops.. forgot to take out the bun. Pretty good job for a couple of mirrors and a pair of scissors, eh? I bet you got a little worried with the "before Stake Conference" statement.

I still need to take some more off (I cut about 3 inches) if I want to get all the split ends, but I wanted to start small. Baby steps. Especially with Stake Conference the next day and I was gonna be on TV!

Yup, after much whining and complaining about not getting my original seat, I ended up smack dab behind the podium. Brother Thomas told me I could only be there if I didn't pick my nose.

I told him I had already gotten all my picking out before I came.

13 comments:

Melisa said...

Purdy!

Sarah Jarvis said...

I am glad you did not wait until we were coming by because I am NO good at cutting hair or even helping out. Looks really good to me. let us know how that Stake Conference went.

Shawna said...

You are so cool! I always end up spending 15 bucks to get my hair trimmed and since it's curly no one can tell if it's straight or not. We should have a cutting day, I'll cut yours if you'll cut mine.

helmhq said...

You always look pretty to me good job!

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow your hair is long even after cutting it. SO why were you on tv for stake conference?

Bethanie said...

How brave of you! Now you can join the "I cut my own hair so you need to to Oh and ahh over how wonderful I am" club.
You are so cool Melanie. You hair sure looks like you paid 1 million bucks!

Melissa Bunn said...

Way to go. I have to say I've never trimmed my own hair. I never noticed how long your hair was. Maybe because when I see you it's always up :)

Sorensen said...

Come to Seattle and I will trim it for you!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Hey what about me? Next time call me up and I will run right over. And you did look and sound loverly on TV. Just sayin.

Montana at the Helm said...

Ooooh! Aweeee! Sweet! You were really smart to get all the nose picking done before the meeting. So clever...

Barbaloot said...

Wow-I've never had the guts to cut even my bangs! Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on cutting your own hair. Three inches gone and yet, it's still so long.

I'm curious about what happened at Stake Conference in which one loses their seat. Did someone move your stuff?

txparkinsons said...

come on! pay someone!