Its true. Then again, sometimes they are not.
Lets give a hypothetical situation.
Lets say someone goes out on their bike early in the morning before Stake Choir Practice. This someone rides around a bit all the while thinking about the intimating Red Rock Loop.
There is something I need to explain about Red Rock Loop. Every true Bicycler in all of Las Vegas does the Red Rock Loop every Saturday and Sunday morning and at random times during the week in groups of 1-30. This is why it is so daunting.... Some bikers like to trek slowly along without being passed, thus stoking any unmerited competitive fire (focus on the word "unmerited"). The fact that it takes a bit to get out to and is a many mile loop doesn't help either.
So.. Lets say this hypothetical biker decides to see exactly how long it takes to get out to Red Rock. By this time she (we are assuming the biker is of the female persuasion) doesn't have enough time to do the loop, but since she is already in the area she might go see. Plus, she has already been passed by many bikers who didn't respond to her "morning" or even lift their fingers in a wave if they were on the other side of the road meaning she could safely label them as losers. Who cares what losers think of slowness?
Before she is hypothetically barely out of the city, scores of bikers have passed her in the unfriendly way she has already hypothetically observed.
Halfway up the first hill, something hypothetically shifts wrong and she hears hissing air as the valve on her back tire hypothetically gives out.
Sigh. Poor Hypothetical rider. At least she didn't fall over in front of a car full of ward members.
She hypothetically pulls off down into the rocks to change her flat tire.
For the next 15 minutes she hypothetically hears a mixture of "Are you OK?" and "Do you have everything you need?" every few seconds. She responds with "Yes, thank you" or "Yes, thank you" to every inquiry. What a friendly hypothetical rider.
The moral of this story? In a crisis, bikers are willing to help u out. Just don't expect them to say "Good Morning".
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
People are interesting aren't they??? I am assuming you got your tire all fixed and continued on your merry way!
hypothetically, I leave a comment
i don't like mornings and i'm not a biker ...
Hypothetically they might not be saying Good morning because they are out of breath. I've heard that it can sometimes happen.
I am so glad it was just hypothetical and not you. I hate flats! Every time I am out on my bike I hope and pray I don't get one and come up with all these reasons why it should not be ME that gets one. But it happens ...
No comment on the unfriendliness. I know it has happened to me too. Sometimes you are just in your own little world while biking. I don't think they mean to be mean.
It's nice to know that they would be willing to help, even if they are too chatty!
Wow you got a lot of comments in just one day! You must have a lot of people that love you... So sorry that you had to change your tire on the side of the road, oh wait... This was all hypothetical, right?
Hypothetically I don't think I could attempt this so called red rock.
Good Morning M
Haven't you heard? "good morning" is going out of style to say. The new trend is to say "how are you doing?" and then continue walking before even hearing a response from the person. :D
glad you had everything you needed to fix your tire. congrats also on taking on the Red Rock Loop!! I'm oh-so-impressed.
Post a Comment