Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SASW! (Second Annual Sisters Weekend).. Day 1

Last Wednesday at a meeting Ken asked me if I was ready for SASW... I was very confused until he told me what it stood for. Apparently I talked about it a lot!!

This is going to be a long post of pictures... perhaps other posts will explain each activity even more later... I don't know. I haven't decided. I'm actually very sad that everyone is gone so perhaps now is not the time to blog about it :-) I had so much fun and miss them all so much!
On the FIRST day:
After a breakfast of Bagels that Bethanie and I "ran" to pick up (its only a block away).. it was off to Ross's and Target to get some new duds for the strip.
Of course Neita looked good in everything she tried on... And everyone had fun trying on strange outfits. Unfortunately a lot of things didn't cover up like they were supposed to so there aren't any pictures of that. U all can be very grateful for that.

I had done a bunch of research on buffet's by the strip... talk about EXPENSIVE. So we went over to the buffet at Red Rock. It was better than some ghetto buffet's I'd been to and reasonably priced. YA!
Then it was off to the Mirage to see the "Secret Garden" with Dolphins and Lions and Tiger oh my! On our way, we almost took the path to the "Bare" adult swimming pool but luckily the signs were there to show us the way and a long covering hung over the walkway so we wouldn't have to see any BARE people.
PHEW.




Please don't eat the flowers.
Cute Mom and Sisters!

Neita is the one that got all the good pictures here at the . I just took pictures of my family... so fun to have them with me!
The Dolphins. Apparently this is a preservation and research place so every once in a while people would come out and do something random with the them, ie making them jump or checking their teeth. One of the dolphins had a Frisbee it was playing with.

See all the tigers and lions? No.. not the people... the TIGERS!
I thought it was funny that they warned us about the male tigers "spray" which they use to mark their territory. Apparently they can spray up to 20ft. Bethanie also pointed out that they can spray up! Couldn't quite figure out how they did this, although I have to admit our research was kinda sketchy.








Don't be scared Bethanie... Angela will show u how it's done.


And of course after the big cats came the Lamas... wait... Lamas? Oh right. Food storage.

Oh yes, and don't forget the random rooster!



























Then it was off to across the street to the Venetian. Jenny, Bethanie, and Angela all got stuck in the middle of the street. This is Vegas Baby!! U just GO!













Don't look up!! U never know what u might see!

Then it was over to the Belagio to see their garden display...
eat dinner (They put us right out where we could look into their garden as we ate. It was so nice!)...





the beautiful fountains of the Belagio...
(while I ran over to the Miracle Mile shops to pick up the tickets for the show the next night. FYI, don't go into the Planet Hollywood casino.. they have ladies dancing at poles in the "pleasure pit"... RIGHT out in the OPEN! ICK)
Then it was home to bed.
Wait. Um... Anybody know where the keys to the car are?
I ran back down to the restaurant to see if I had left them there. No keys.
Yes, this is the same restaurant I left them at when Mom and Dad were here. Sigh.
We used Angela's spare key to drive home.
I was very sad until my phone woke me up at 2:30am. It was the restaurant calling to tell me one of the busboys had found the lost keys and forgotten to turn them in until the end of her shift.
I don't think I have to explain how strange that was. Don't get me wrong, I was SO grateful the keys had been found, but a phone call at 2:30am?!?!
Emily said they just didn't think. I guess it really is hard to tell what time it is in a Casino :-)
Stay tuned for the next days happenings.

11 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow it looks like you guys had a blast. How fun for you all to be together. I'm glad you found your keys

Angela said...

Thank you Melanie dear for a super dooper fantabulous time. I must have missed what I am supposed to show Bethanie, but thats Ok. Haha I love the pictures and I am excited for the rest!

WV bacepa-plural for bicep. Lame I know!

Neita and Nate said...

This is great. I was laughing at all the stuff I forgot about and the kids were like What is so funny? Good times...

Montana at the Helm said...

I was waiting and waiting for someone to post about your sisterly fun! It was fun reading about your outings.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Hooray for you and your sisters. Sisters totally rock. Glad you all had so much fun.

Bethanie said...

So you know how awesome you! And that we know you love us the most because of the time and $ you spent. i guess I'm not the favorite anymore!

Eliza said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for the update. Great pictures. I'm glad that you all had fun.

Lisa~ said...

This was great, Melanie! Keep 'em coming! :D

txparkinsons said...

DON'T LOOK UP!

wv= angeroth-what happens when you look up in a casino!

Shawna said...

What great pictures. You really know how to plan a jam packed weekend.

helmhq said...

So glad you didn't forget your camera like I always do. Now all I have to do is direct people who want to know what we did to your blog. I missed not having even my cell phone for picturs.